4th and 9 with 5 minutes left...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th and 9 with 5 minutes left...

...with a defense that can't stop the other team from bleeding the clock and we're at midfield.

What does REID do? PUNT IT AWAY BOYS!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Well, you have to give Reid some leeway here. We have the best clock management team in the league.

Comment

I think the sack that McNabb took before that played into it. If it was 4th and 4 he would have gone for it.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz
        I think the sack that McNabb took before that played into it. If it was 4th and 4 he would have gone for it.
        Did someone say "a veteran QB knows when not to take that sack"?

Comment

I would have gone for it on 4th and 9.

Also, someone needs to have a word with 5 about holding the ball too long.

Comment

yes...agree. they needed two scores and the defense did not accomplish a 3 and out all game. I knew what Reid was thinking, but don't know why he thought it.

Reid needs to simplify his third and fourth down game plan. He's got a qb with good legs and should install more qb draws, roll outs etc and instill in mcnabb a hot read of GO when blitzed in these situations. Trouble is McNabb has made so many plays by avoiding the rush, he fools Reid into thinking reid has a good game plan and that he himself can avoid a sack and make a play all the time.
            Sonny J

Comment

by the way, they ended up punting from the 43, into the endzone as dirk is so good at doing, and getting a 10 yard penalty to put the jags at the 30 for a 13 yard net change.

goodcall.
              Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

that's the other part of the equation- dirk never pooches the dang ball. just like at the end of the giants game (when the extra 10 or 15 yards would have made a HUGE difference), right into the end zone.
                socratee.spreadshirt.com

Comment

Originally posted by heath sherman
                  that's the other part of the equation- dirk never pooches the dang ball. just like at the end of the giants game (when the extra 10 or 15 yards would have made a HUGE difference), right into the end zone.
                  Dirk has been bad all season.

Comment

So has our coverage teams. There's been times when they could have downed the ball inside the 10 and just completely misplayed it / too busy checking out the view as they had their heads up their asses.

Comment

I would have went for it based on the way the defense was playing. As it turns out, I was right, as the defense gave up two more first downs.

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
                        by the way, they ended up punting from the 43, into the endzone as dirk is so good at doing, and getting a 10 yard penalty to put the jags at the 30 for a 13 yard net change.

goodcall.
                        Exactly. It's just nauseating.
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Dirk shanks his first punt, when we need a big one, and then at the end of the game, when we need him to keep it in, he bangs it into the endzone. Perfection.
                          Prevent the prevent!

Comment

his two good plays were to get that punt off on the bad snap,

and the tackle he made on that one d00d
                            Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

When Reid called for that punt is precisely when I turned to the Falcons-Bengals game. If he wasn't interested in winning that game, I wasn't interested in watching.

Comment

Working...
                              X