Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ot - you know what i would like?

Some type of Sports Media Presentation -

a weekly show, a webcast, a website, a radio show, a pre game show, anything like that,

with real sportscasters or media types or ex coaches or players or whatever,

where they actually in some way or another get held accountable for what they say,

--

i'm sick and tired of these guys picking games every week on whims and coming out completely godawful and laughing it up like they 'had a bad week' and moving on to their next week's picks as if they are some kind of experts,

i'm sick of their off the cuff 'he's the greatest' if someone does something after two weeks, and crowing like a cock any time they had the 'foresight' to 'predict' it before it happens,

i'm sick of their just plain awful holier than though attitude.

--

my idea:

a show of some kind where they can make as many of their stupid ass 'predictions' as they want, but they have to come out and say it, and then put whatever degree of certainty they want with it, but in the next show, whether it be post-game, or next week's show, or next week's pregame, all of those bold predictions get run back in their face.

--

example:

announcer a - 'look for huge games out of ___, ____, and ___
    expect blowouts from ___, ___, ___
    i think ___, ___, and ___ aren't going to be able to ___ this week

--

the next week, they have at least a segment where they come out and say 'let's recap' and play the clips, and then game clips of what happened, and then show stats/results of the players/teams that were predicted.

go one step further and give these guys 'ratings' based on their predictions. have fun with it and all, make it some kind of competition of some sort where they can wager and put more emphasis on things they feel strongly about ('i GUARANTEE this will happen'), or have two guys who disagree 'make it interesting' and wager against each other.

just something to put some kind of accountability on these effing hacks.
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

fyi, this week:

theisman 7-6
    salisbury 7-7
    hoge 8-6
    jaws 7-7
    schlereth 7-7
    allen 8-6
    mortenson 5-9
    golic 5-9
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

reesecal - have you ever heard NFL radio on Sirius? Many of the guys on their talk shows are very forthcoming. They'll go out on a limb, take a stance, admit when they're wrong but they actually talk football. I think Pat Kirwan & Gil Brandt are great evaluators of talent and Adam Schein in the afternoons is opinionated but knows his stuff.

Comment

Why is this OT?
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr
          Why is this OT?
          eh, it's not 'technically' eagles - although i guess the 'eagles fans only' title doesn't really mean the only topic of discussion is philadelphia eagles.

Comment

I detest predictions of any sort. All they do is create expectations that, more time than not, can not be fulfilled...

Comment

someone needs to lay off the reality TV
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

If there were a job for a sports commentator where they were actually held accountable for their bullshit, no one would apply for it.
                Prevent the prevent!

Comment

Re: ot - you know what i would like?

Originally posted by reesecal
                  where they actually in some way or another get held accountable for what they say,
                  Also, imagine if that happened on some sports boards, as well.
                  Prevent the prevent!

Comment

Re: ot - you know what i would like?

Originally posted by Isam
                    Originally posted by reesecal
                    Also, imagine if that happened on some sports boards, as well.
                    f that. they start giving me 6 figures for talking 30 minutes a week and i'll gladly do frigging 40 hours of examining film and history to make sure what i say isn't bull.

i'm a fan, not an 'expert'

Comment

Working...
                    X