Your feelings on McNabb.......NOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your feelings on McNabb.......NOW?

Dammit, I was trying to be positive and hope for the best, ignore the first half of this season and blame it on injury, whatever....... but today, even with a supposeldy healthy and well rested mcnabb, this offense still looks putrid. What the hell? We should have abused that Giants secondary. The offense was simply out of sync, doing stupid shit, being boring and playing wholy uninspired ball (save for Westy) pretty much all game. From the first series on.

I don't get it, I'm confused I admit. But todays game did nothing to convince me that getting a healthy McNabb back under center was goin to help things much. Damn this team frustrates me. Our defense made some nice plays today, and kept us in it. If the offense could have had even a DECENT day, we win this one easy.

Is it McNabb? Can he salvage us yet or should he go so we can start fresh? WTF???????
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Re: Your feelings on McNabb.......NOW?

the defense played well today.

Comment

McNabb didn't play great, but he made some plays as well. Receivers had trouble getting open and the line played out of sync for most of the game; part of that was Marty and Andy getting out coached by Spagnuola.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
        McNabb didn't play great, but he made some plays as well. Receivers had trouble getting open and the line played out of sync for most of the game; part of that was Marty and Andy getting out coached by Spagnuola.
        McNabb made some HALF plays. He'd dodge sackers and get free.. then throw an incomplete pass.

Comment

I think I'm ready to start Kolb for the final 3 games. Not saying it's the end of the road for McNabb, but let him take the time off, and let Kolb take the beating for a while and pop his cherry. Screw it, why not?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

McNabb HELD THE BALL TOO LONG YET AGAIN on many pass attempts.
            He made the Gints DL look good by not throwing the ball and
            being sacked after 3 seconds or more. He did not trust his WRs
            to make plays by throwing into tight situations. Almost the opposite
            of Eli, the "unstoppable", who chucks the ball near where Burress
            is supposed to be and hopes his WR makes a play. Reid put the
            ball in McNabb's hands to win and #5 did not have enough to do it.
            And that includes the guys #5 is throwing to, we do not have enough
            playmakers at WR or TE. Reggie Brown needs to learn how to
            run upfield instead of going sideways. And LJ was MIA for most
            of the time he was in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Soaring Eagle
              McNabb HELD THE BALL TOO LONG YET AGAIN on many pass attempts.
              He made the Gints DL look good by not throwing the ball and
              being sacked after 3 seconds or more. He did not trust his WRs
              to make plays by throwing into tight situations. Almost the opposite
              of Eli, the "unstoppable", who chucks the ball near where Burress
              is supposed to be and hopes his WR makes a play. Reid put the
              ball in McNabb's hands to win and #5 did not have enough to do it.
              And that includes the guys #5 is throwing to, we do not have enough
              playmakers at WR or TE. Reggie Brown needs to learn how to
              run upfield instead of going sideways. And LJ was MIA for most
              of the time he was in the game.
              Again here I disagree a bit--- IMO the Wr's sucked today, not all on McNabb. IMO, he looked quicker and more escapable and sometimes you have to give the other guy a bit of credit.

Comment

I've heard that too many times, and I'm tired of giving the OTHER guy credit MD. No offense, but that's a losers mentality. WE stunk. Screw what the other guy did, WE STUNK UP THE JOINT. And I'm not just talking about the WRs.

Comment

None are so blind as those who refuse to see!
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Pretty much the whole offense, coaches included sucked today. Whoever was covering Burress on any given play was also putrid.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                      I've heard that too many times, and I'm tired of giving the OTHER guy credit MD. No offense, but that's a losers mentality. WE stunk. Screw what the other guy did, WE STUNK UP THE JOINT. And I'm not just talking about the WRs.
                      Yeah that's it, there wasn't an 8 and 4 team out there on D today, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                        Originally posted by FRESH
                        Yeah that's it, there wasn't an 8 and 4 team out there on D today, sorry.

The Giants are a huge fraud of an 8-4 team. They won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs unless they play the Lions or the Cardinals. Did you watch that game and think "the Giants are a good team?"

Comment

MD, did those Giants impress you at all today? They didn't me.

Comment

sf, LOL! Great minds? Nah.........

Comment

On each of the Gints sacks today, McNabb could have gotten the ball out and thrown it away. #5 did not and that is his MO. Sure MD, the eagles receivers except Westy were not mediocre and not very good, Brown running sideways after catches, Avant screwing up a simple in motion play for a penalty, our TE being mostly invisible as an offensive threat, etc...
                              You cand say what you want about the rest of the offensive players but the sacks today were on McNabb. FWIW Donovan did look more comortable moving around in the pocker and that is a positive to take from the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X