Yikes-We're playing Sunday with only 3 wrs!-BGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    So now we have role reversal. I'm buying a bottle of tums for Sunday. I'll stir them in bourbon and water. Even Buffalo doesn't want this guy.

The Pat's had signed him this past April to a 1 year deal. Then he injured his hammy just before training camp and didn't get much work in. The Pats released him in August with an injury settlement.

They really wanted Mathews but had to settle for Josh Gordon.

Comment

So now we have role reversal. I'm buying a bottle of tums for Sunday. I'll stir them in bourbon and water. Even Buffalo doesn't want this guy.
      I understand the move now. I forgot that Matthews did have 1 season with Carson and they friends. I was thinking Matthews left the year before Carson got here. If they already have a bond, that is a big plus for at least the short term.

Comment

when Jeffrey returns, Matthews will be #3, IMO that is where he should be, #2 or #3
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

The problem is that Matthews is more of a slot guy which is Nelson’s spot.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

the Birds shift them all over
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              The problem is that Matthews is more of a slot guy which is Nelson’s spot.
              Yep. This is a big concern of mine. Nelson's career seemed to take off when he switched to the slot. Why mess with something that is working. Put Matthews wide where is already more of an unknown right now. Just MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                Yep. This is a big concern of mine. Nelson's career seemed to take off when he switched to the slot. Why mess with something that is working. Put Matthews wide where is already more of an unknown right now. Just MHO.
                Exactly! When we were kids playing you'd always say to the worst guy "you go long". Stick him as far outside as you can and tell him not to hurt anybody.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Exactly! When we were kids playing you'd always say to the worst guy "you go long". Stick him as far outside as you can and tell him not to hurt anybody.
                  I was the best player on the team and they’d also tell me to go long.... hey wait a minute...

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    I was the best player on the team and they’d also tell me to go long.... hey wait a minute...
                    That depended on when they told you what to do. If it was in the beginning of the huddle the QB was going to throw it to you. If you were the last guy he talked to you had no chance of seeing anything lol. I guess that you never heard that old Bill Cosby routine. It was hilarious.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I do remember the worst baseball players played 2nd and right field.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                        I do remember the worst baseball players played 2nd and right field.

'Right field' probably even more than 2nd base. Interesting because in really competitive baseball, the left fielder is typically the weakest defensive player and 2nd Basemen are usually good fielders and often better hitters than the Short Stops.

Comment

That depended on when they told you what to do. If it was in the beginning of the huddle the QB was going to throw it to you. If you were the last guy he talked to you had no chance of seeing anything lol. I guess that you never heard that old Bill Cosby routine. It was hilarious.
                          If you were the last girl he talked to you probably had no chance of seeing anything either or remembering

Comment

Working...
                          X