A weird game to end a weird season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A weird game to end a weird season.

I'm feeling pretty disappointed about not beating those assholes and their asshole coach in front of their asshole fans but I would feel much, much worse if we hadn't captured the gold ring last year. I think as long as Payton is their coach, NO will occupy the #2 slot on my most disliked list right behind the filth from North Texas. The fact that the Dallas trash is at home helps a lot.

The arrogant Saints and their smug, cunt faced coach were ripe for plucking today but "we" let them off the hook. (If it's "we" when they win it should also be "we" when they lose.) A combination of injuries, bad play, and a poorly implemented key decision all led directly to the loss.

But who would have thought 6 weeks ago we'd be in a position to play for a slot in the NFLCCG?

This team has some real holes on both O and D. And will be constrained by the Cap in both filling holes and retaining starters. I'm not sure if next year we'll again be a team building into a top contender, a weakened contender trying to hold serve, or if Carson doesn't heal (unlikely), an also ran with major problems. Howie was rightfully cheered for his moves before and during last season that contributed mightily to the cup. This year his actions/inaction were mostly unimpressive. So goes Life in the NFL.

Hats off to our boys in midnight green for a valiant run with a very depleted squad.

And, as ever, in the noble tradition of good sportsmanship...

FUCK THE DALLAS COWBOYS!

Of course, the Cowboys loss takes a lot of the sting off this one for me also.

I expected the Eagles to lose to the Saints (and even the Bears). But, the game yesterday bothers me more because we were completely dominating for 1 quarter until the injury bug decided to take out 4 players on 1 drive. You can't lose Cox, B Graham, Bennett and Rasul all on 1 drive and not have it effect your defense when you are playing Drew Brees. That was all he needed to get things started (plus a fake punt and 4th and 2 conversion for a TD).

The guys that did make it back on defense were obviously not playing well after that. That is not to mention the offense losing B Brooks early and then Jason Peters near the end.

I think what makes me most sad from yesterday was watching Nick's post game presser. I am going to miss that guy so much. It's not just Nick the football player, it is Nick the perfect teammate. The guy is a special human being. Saint Nick is a better name for him.

The Saints were beatable yesterday and we had them on the ropes. Fate (injuries) and some good plays by Brees saved their season. The home field advantage was also huge for them and cost us several false starts.

Comment

we had them, but the INT let them off the hook, we lost people who were too hard to replace and the crowd came back to help them out after we had silenced them. 14-0 and driving and those fair weather cocksuckers shut the fuck up. We were one score from seeing them walk out on the highest scoring offense. Pissed me off, I told my son and the son-in-law to listen to the crickets. That ended quickly though
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
      X