Say the Eagles get a 1 for Lito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say the Eagles get a 1 for Lito

Let's say it's in the 20's. Maybe late teens.

That's two No. 1's, pretty close to each other. Who are you taking? Safety and WR? WR and OL? OL and Safety? will they grab a d-lineman?

Will make for a very interesting first round for the Eagles, that's for sure.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Re: Say the Eagles get a 1 for Lito

OT and CB/S
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Man - that's a tough one but also fun to explore.

Two picks at #19 and in the 20's would enable you to bundle them and move up to around #6. If McFadden dropped to #6 - would you do it? How about Vernon Gholston?

OR - trade the pick from Lito plus our 2nd and get up to the high teens to pick a Cromartie plus keep #19.

If you can get someone that is a franchise type talent on your board (i.e. McFadden or Gholston), I'd package to get only one #1 but otherwise - I'd trade later picks in the draft to move up and get two quality players in the first.

I would go best available - not necessarily a pick at a need position.

Comment

And the Darren McFadden obsession continues.

The guy will be a decent to good pro, but not someone you move up 13 spots in the 1st round to get; the risk.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
          And the Darren McFadden obsession continues.

The guy will be a decent to good pro, but not someone you move up 13 spots in the 1st round to get; the risk.
          Fair enough - I just threw it out there as a possibility. I'm not sure that I would do it either but then again - his #'s are better than Peterson's as well as comparable in size and faster.

Comment

I think a McFadden would be real interesting on the team but I wouldn'tgive up what it would take to get him. I would definitely be interested in packaging to move up in the early teens and get a Cromartie. And I would also try to package to get an added 2d round pick. You gotta keep the 3 comp picks but I'd be willing to use all of the other rd 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 picks to move around.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

IF the Eagles were to acquire a Rd 1. pick in the 20's in addition to #19, I could see a packaging of that pick with some lower-rd picks to try and move up a bit. I have seen Clady going as high as #2 overall in some drafts, but if he were to fall tantalizingly into the Eagles range at either #19 or the new pick...

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
                IF the Eagles were to acquire a Rd 1. pick in the 20's in addition to #19, I could see a packaging of that pick with some lower-rd picks to try and move up a bit. I have seen Clady going as high as #2 overall in some drafts, but if he were to fall tantalizingly into the Eagles range at either #19 or the new pick...
                I agree that Clady would be an intriguing prospect. I also like Williams from Vanderbilt, who may be available with the 19th pick. With Lito gone, with the other pick, I would strongly consider a defensive back, although if Merling from Clemson were available, he would be tempting.

Comment

Working...
                X