Rashard Mendenhall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashard Mendenhall

I don't see this guy slipping to 19, but it would be awfully hard for the Eagles to pass on him if he does. This guy has sick talent. Look at his leg drive, his spin moves, his explosion. He leaves crummy college defenders in the dust.

I think I would take him over McFadden if I were a GM with a Top 10 pick in need of an RB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7OiYXlBEZU
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Re: Rashard Mendenhall

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
    I don't see this guy slipping to 19, but it would be awfully hard for the Eagles to pass on him if he does. This guy has sick talent. Look at his leg drive, his spin moves, his explosion. He leaves crummy college defenders in the dust.

I think I would take him over McFadden if I were a GM with a Top 10 pick in need of an RB.

I only saw Mendenhall in his bowl game this year, where he was impressive, but I would be surprised in the Eagles drafted him after taking Hunt last year. Nevertheless, I find his size and speed intriguing. Was he asked to catch passes and block much in college?

I've seen much more of McFadden -- he has an upright running style and I think will be prone to injury. Although he makes flashy plays and has elite speed, he can also be contained. Like others on the board, I'm not sold on McFadden as a high 1st round draft pick.

Comment

If we picked Mendenhall in round 1 and Desean Jackson in round 2 - Eagles fans would be ecstatic...
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by volbird

I only saw Mendenhall in his bowl game this year, where he was impressive, but I would be surprised in the Eagles drafted him after taking Hunt last year. Nevertheless, I find his size and speed intriguing. Was he asked to catch passes and block much in college?

I've seen much more of McFadden -- he has an upright running style and I think will be prone to injury. Although he makes flashy plays and has elite speed, he can also be contained. Like others on the board, I'm not sold on McFadden as a high 1st round draft pick.
        Would you have seen the Eagles picking Kevin Kolb after having AJ Feeley and acquiring Kelly Holcomb and with McNabb only being 30?
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
          Originally posted by volbird

Would you have seen the Eagles picking Kevin Kolb after having AJ Feeley and acquiring Kelly Holcomb and with McNabb only being 30?
          Good point. I was stunned by the Kolb pick.

Comment

The fact that Hunt is on the roster sould really have no impact on whether or not to take Mendenhall if he is surprisingly on the board at 19.

Hunt hasn't shown anything yet as a pro, and Mendenhall is a playmaker. Mendenhall looks like another Adrian Peterson to me. Tony Hunt will never be in that category.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

This guy would be absolutely embraced in Philly. He is what Bucky COULD have been without the injuries.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
              X