Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pease God....Do not let this happen!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pease God....Do not let this happen!!!!!

'Tom Coughlin Candidate For Eagles' HC'

LINK:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-head-coach/

Yes. The only way I am ok with this is if he brings Spags and Spags is a coach in waiting.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Spags for the defense, and probably Shirmur running the offense. Doesn't sound horrible. Just not very exciting.

I think I've had enough of exciting.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I have no problem with Coughlin coming to the Eagles. He's won two Super Bowls with less than the greatest talent.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I'm done with "exciting" too ... I want someone with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by fly View Post
            I'm done with "exciting" too ... I want someone with experience.
            Well whoever it is can't be experienced enough to step on poor little Howie's toes now.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I saw that despite those SB wins, his winning % was the same in Jacksonville as NY to like the fifth digit. He is not gonna be at the top consistently, but has always played well in sandbox.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                I have no problem with Coughlin coming to the Eagles. He's won two Super Bowls with less than the greatest talent.
                Can you say, "Grasping at Straws". Lurie wants to go from the mad innovator who wrecked the roster to a guy who saw Lincoln elected president.

Coughlin is not a bad coach but he won those Super Bowls primarily with: 2 different dominating rushing D lines; and a good (NOT GREAT) QB who is streaky and got streaky good twice at the right time.

And lets be honest.The Giants don't win either of those SB games without 2 of the all time '1 in 10,000' pass receptions.

I may be completely biased on this but I firmly believe both those wins had more to do with uncanny (maybe even unholy) luck at a key moment than they did with Couglin's gifts as a HC.

Beyond that, Coughlin may still have fire in his belly, as he continues to show with his childish sideline tantrums (that we've all criticized) but he also lost 2 games this year with laughably bad coaching decisions which had many hard core Gnat and Coughlin fans convinced Tom was really slipping.

We can do better than Tom Coughlin. If we can't, I'm going into the garage, starting the car, turning up some classic Eagles tunes and waiting for universal consciousness........

Comment

Forget Coughlin I want Spags. He's my top HC choice followed by McDermott
                  Last edited by Jukin; 01-09-2016, 02:22 PM.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The more I think about this the more I really like the idea of Coughlin. He and Donahue together. We can call them two old guys and a football team.

The one thing Coughlin will instill in this team is DISCIPLINE. All of those penalties this year were disheartening.

Rumor is he will bring McAdoo and Spags with him. That would be a good thing. Spags had no talent to deal on the Giants defense. They had zero pass rush. With Fletcher Cox already hear and probably Vinny Curry (he gets resigned in my opinon) he had the making of a good defensive line.

McAdoo Im not so sure about.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

What the hell happened to my NFL world in the last 12 months? Seriously. Someone wake me up from this freaking nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                        Can you say, "Grasping at Straws". Lurie wants to go from the mad innovator who wrecked the roster to a guy who saw Lincoln elected president.

Coughlin is not a bad coach but he won those Super Bowls primarily with: 2 different dominating rushing D lines; and a good (NOT GREAT) QB who is streaky and got streaky good twice at the right time.

And lets be honest.The Giants don't win either of those SB games without 2 of the all time '1 in 10,000' pass receptions.

I may be completely biased on this but I firmly believe both those wins had more to do with uncanny (maybe even unholy) luck at a key moment than they did with Couglin's gifts as a HC.

Beyond that, Coughlin may still have fire in his belly, as he continues to show with his childish sideline tantrums (that we've all criticized) but he also lost 2 games this year with laughably bad coaching decisions which had many hard core Gnat and Coughlin fans convinced Tom was really slipping.

We can do better than Tom Coughlin. If we can't, I'm going into the garage, starting the car, turning up some classic Eagles tunes and waiting for universal consciousness........
                        You and I also saw the Lincoln nomination (Wasn't a particularly handsome man, but still had a great way with the media!), and we're still going!

Yes, a lot of Coughlin's success could be attributed to luck, but how does the old saying go???? "I'd rather be lucky than good."

I'm hoping that Coughlin still has some of that luck within him & maybe some of those balls start sticking to the hands, belts, helmets of our receivers like lint on a black suede suit!

BTW, you've turned into a far grumpier version of me!
                        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                          What the hell happened to my NFL world in the last 12 months? Seriously. Someone wake me up from this freaking nightmare.
                          Lol! It's been a crazy little ride, eh chum?

What is your wish list at this point?
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

BTW, Tino, you're also slipping a lot...Can't even spell "Please!"

Comment

Luck has a way of finding folks that do the right things
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X