Always great to see who plays who when

How many night games do you think we get
    5 last year
    Over under is 1.5

Comment

I'll go over. I think two.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Yeah, I expect national interest will be down. no Chip-show any more, and no one really expects us to be any good.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

That's fine with me, I hate the games that go past midnight.

Comment

I say one Sunday Night game probably with the Giants plus one Monday Night and a Thursday Night

Comment

looks like four -- two Monday, one sunday and one thursday
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Last four games are home v Wash, away v Balt, then home and home with NY and Dal. Should be pretty easy with only a short trip to Balt.
                One west coast run to Sea but that is followed by a Monday night so they get an extra day.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

The NFL schedule release is, believe it or not, a real red letter day for me. (It is actually a much bigger deal for me personally than the NFL draft.) I always look forward to it mainly because it allows me to figure out which Eagles games will be/will likely be televised where I live (currently DC area). In recent years, I've generally tried to attend Eagles games that aren't on local TV. (Sure, I could hit the sports bar, but I figure if I need to leave my couch to watch the Eagles, I might as well go the extra miles - figuratively and literally - to actually attend those games.)

Assuming I'm in the DC area this fall, here are the Eagles games I'll probably attend:

Week 01: vs Cleveland (Ravens on CBS at same time)
                  Week 05: at Detroit (Redskins on Fox at same time)
                  Week 06: at Washington (Eagles in DC)
                  Week 07: vs Minnesota (Redskins on Fox at same time)
                  Week 10: vs Atlanta (Redskins on Fox at same time)
                  Week 15: at Baltimore (Eagles in nearby Baltimore)

Depending on what happens during the season, I may also try to attend the Week 9 Eagles/Giants game in north Jersey (toss-up whether that game gets televised in DC) and Week 17 Cowboys/Eagles game in Philadelphia (depends on whether Giants/Redskins game is played at the same time).

If anybody who can provide insight into the best options for traveling and lodging in the Detroit area (Eagles2000, I'm looking at you in particular), those insights would be helpful. I do know that public transit in the Detroit area, especially transit between the airport and downtown Detroit, really, really sucks, so I'll probably either rent a car or use taxis, probably the former. (Renting a car would allow me to go see nearby Eastern Michigan's football game on Saturday 10/8; Michigan, based a short distance away in Ann Arbor, is on the road that weekend.)

Comment

Hi Chip
                    I took a look and when I stayed there (I think it was 2004) I stayed at what is now called Detroit Marriott at the Renaisance Center. It was like a 15-20 minute walk to the stadium and is a nice place but what was really cool was that the Eagles stayed there as well. I was in an elevator with Chad Lewis and David Akers and I saw Jon Runyan with his family in the bar. We watched the Eagles get on the bus to the game.

I would reccomend that as a great place to stay.
                    Unfortunately there is not much going on in downtown Detroit. I wonder if the Tigers can make the playoffs?

Not sure what games I am going to for road trips. As always there is the Giants and most likely Baltimore as that is an easy drive. I finished my circut of the league last year so until the new stadiums open in LA, Minny and Atlanta there is no one place I need to go. I may try Seattle if there is a Vancouver Cannuck game on around the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X