The knock on Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The knock on Cook

Not only is the guy a woman beater it sounds like he's a fumbler too. It was mentioned on BGN and I googled him and most of the articles that I read were about his fumbles instead of his great running ability. I never could find any stats on that part of his game though.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

He punched a woman in the face. The only reason to hit a woman is if she is a legitimate threat to your life. That wasn't the case with him. He was pissed that she wouldn't give her phone number to his friend. Fuck him. I don't want him to even WATCH Eagles games let alone play in them.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

No video of the attack pushes his stock up Juk. It's BS but it's true. Then again the report could be all BS too. What do you think?

Comment

I think those reports on Cook were false

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/24/dalvin...unching-woman/

Comment

The Eagles have to sort this crap out. If he did in fact hit her the. I don't want him on the team in any capacity. If it was a settlement with her, nothing changes IMO, he shouldn't be drafted. If it's bullshit and she was looking for a pay day then maybe you take him late in the first or early in the second. It's just too many unknowns right now for me though. If I'm running the board I look elsewhere right now.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

If you're going to draft him you draft him IMO. I feel the same about any of these guys. I hear these character reports about guys dropping them " to the late first round "because of these things. To me that sounds funny because you either want him on your team or you don't. I really don't get it and don't agree with it. Seeing as though we haven't heard a thing about it I imagine that is was total BS. The story always sounded weird to me anyway. It just didn't sound real. Why would anybody that wasn't involved in the argument go over and hit her??? No, it just doesn't make any sense. Now if he had a history of this kind of stuff maybe I'd agree. All teams will get to the bottom of this. We've all been calling this guy a POS and it gets repeated and maybe it just isn't true. None of this solves his fumbling problem though and that really concerns me.

Comment

Cook had 13 fumbles in 3 years, I think I read. Did not lose all of them. But one of them (not lost) was this one:

As a freshman, he fumbled twice in the bowl game vs. Oregon, which helped turn a close game into a rout.

Looks like he fumbled four times in 2014 (lost all four), three times in 2015 (losing one), and six times in 2016 (losing four). The video above was not one he lost.

Then there was this little tidbit from a Kempski tweet about some combine results:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/sta...18891986210816

Some of that is a bit concerning, if he can replicate his college success in the NFL. May have had a bad testing day, but... does not help.

He has also had three shoulder surgeries since high school, and hamstring issues in 2015. So there are durability concerns. Lawlor also mentioned that Cook hasn't done well in his interviews with at least some teams.

Given the off-field stuff, I'd probably draft Mixon before Cook, and certainly not before the second-round pick (though he'll probably be gone).

Comment

He may just be a player. I just don't like the kid and think he is gonna be average. Add in the questions surrounding fumbles, surgeries, possible attitude issues and I hate to take a flyer. I'd rather have McCafferty.

Comment

I'd still take him. Kid is ultra talented.

Comment

I would never ever draft or play a guy who fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I would never ever draft or play a guy who fumbles.
                      I'm with you. I had enough of seeing ball hit the ground the last few years. I don't want to be sitting on the edge just waiting for a fumble. I'll pass on Cook.

Comment

Working...
                      X