Long from top of my list to ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long from top of my list to ---

Chris Long has already stated that he will not go to the White house if they win it all--- Due to Trump!

He has now plummeted from near the top of my Eagles favorites to near the bottom. The SB is not political.... yet these guys want to make a statement. Fuck them!

I don't want my first and maybe last SB win to be made into something other than football and Philly related.

I know the Lefties and Libs will not agree with me, and I really don't care, at all. I am just flat out tired of actors and Sports people not staying in their lanes. I am tired of Athletes and Actors trying to make political things from non political things... I hate it.

We give them the podium--- that doesn't give them the right to make it a personal stage to tell us all how we should think!

hahahhahaha. Did he say MD should think this way. Nooooo. He just said (and I am getting it from you not him) that he wasn't going to White House. Didn't say no one else should. I've done the same thing---why should I go fishing with someone I don't like. I am certain you have done absolutely the same thing--you don't go do stuff with someone you don't like. It isn't like an awards show where someone gets up and talks about something political in a setting that shouldn't be political. He just said he didn't want to go. You are making it political. Just like all the people that wanted to make kneeling about someone's patriotism instead of what they were protesting.
    As I tell many people here we have far too many Americans that want the US to be like N Korea or Russia where you can't make up your own mind.
    I've stayed away from the Misc area for awhile. Should probably do so again. Sorry that I offend you
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

It's a nonpolitical event to honor the team and the City........ That he has announced that he will not attend due to his political opposition to President Trump. He has made it political... Not I.

Also you are correct, while he may not be mandated to go, I'm not sure, but if he doesn't want to attend he has that right, of course, but to announce in advance publically.... For a political reason.... He takes it public and not private... And that is where I have taken umbrage.

Again, you don't offend me at all, I hear the same PC stuff all the time. If you chose to stay away from this portion of the board, that is on you, not me. People that hate Trump find all kinds of walls to throw their stones from.

Comment

It just seems dumb (silly) to me for somebody not to go to The White House and be honored by the President of the United States whether you like him or not. When else would he or anybody else get that kind of opportunity? It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Is anybody going to notice that Chris Long is not there when 50 other guys are? Actually, I just hope that he gets the choice!!!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          It just seems dumb (silly) to me for somebody not to go to The White House and be honored by the President of the United States whether you like him or not. When else would he or anybody else get that kind of opportunity?
          Principled decisions can be so silly and inconvenient can't they? Could it be that Chris Long does not consider it an "honor" to be feted by this president?

BTW, I must have somehow missed all the complaints on this forum about the 10 or 11 professional athletes who passed up on the "opportunity" to be "honored" by a visit to the Obama White House, most of whom made it publicly very clear that their decision was based on their fundamental disagreement with/disapproval of Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            Principled decisions can be so silly and inconvenient can't they? Could it be that Chris Long does not consider it an "honor" to be feted by this president?

BTW, I must have somehow missed all the complaints on this forum about the 10 or 11 professional athletes who passed up on the "opportunity" to be "honored" by a visit to the Obama White House, most of whom made it publicly very clear that their decision was based on their fundamental disagreement with/disapproval of Obama.
            I never heard of guys not showing for Obama. The only guy that I remember not going was Beast Mode who is a weirdo anyway. I never heard of anybody making a political statement by not going, just not being able to make it for one reason or another. I think some of the Patriots said been there, done that and didn't go.

Now by honored I mean actually being invited to the White House as a guest and checking the place out. That sounds very cool to me.

Comment

I never heard of guys not showing for Obama. The only guy that I remember not going was Beast Mode who is a weirdo anyway.
              Who knows why we notice some things that perplex/annoy us, yet fail to notice very similar behavior at other times.

I'll link to a short piece that summarizes 18 pro athletes who have publicly passed on invites to the Clinton, Bush ll or Obama White House. Most of the 18 declined invitations were to The Obama House.

http://theweek.com/articles/460872/1...it-white-house

The names of those who declined Obama invitations, specifically or apparently for strong personal or political reasons: (I haven't included numb nuts or James Harrison because they had no reason other than self absorption)

Jim Langer, Bob Kuechenberg, and Manny Fernandez of the undefeated 1972 Dolphins who were all quite outspoken in their criticism of Obama as they declined a 2013 invitation to the team.
              Matt Birk, 2012 Super Bowl winning Balt Ravens - vocal critic of Obama for his support of Planned Parenthood
              Tim Thomas, 2012 Boston Bruins - very vocal Tea Party supporter (you now Tim)
              Albert Puhols & Tony LaRausa, 2011 Cardinals, World Series Winners - Tea Part Supporters
              Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, and Tony Stewart, NASCAR standouts who were part of a group 11 top finishers in 2010 that Obama invited to the White House - These 4 claimed "scheduling conflicts". (Stewart did accept an invitation the following year)

Comment

And none of those people were on MY Eagle team... So there was no need to comment.

I think anybody that refuses to go , for political reasons, is a low life, disrespectful, and not at the top of my favorite list.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

If Long or Jenkins don't go I'll be disappointed I guess but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll bet that most of these guys have never seen Washington never mind the White House. Then again maybe it's just me.
                  Last edited by Eagle60; 01-30-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

If Long or Jenkins doesn't go I'll be disappointed I guess but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll bet that most of these guys have never seen Washington never mind the White House. Then again maybe it's just me.
                    Trust me 60, I never lose sleep over this crap-- but I do have opinions.

And like I said if they choose not to go fine, but to make it public and that the reason is political---- I have a problem. Just like they have a choice not to attend-- I have a choice to look at them in a different light then I did before! The differnce is that I don't get provided a platform to do it from.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                      Trust me 60, I never lose sleep over this crap-- but I do have opinions.

And like I said if they choose not to go fine, but to make it public and that the reason is political---- I have a problem. Just like they have a choice not to attend-- I have a choice to look at them in a different light then I did before! The differnce is that I don't get provided a platform to do it from.
                      I agree and I also don't want to have my Eagles turn this into a political circus! Most of all I want them to play their frickin asses off and win this thing and then straighten out the other stuff!!!

Comment

I agree and I also don't want to have my Eagles turn this into a political circus! Most of all I want them to play their frickin asses off and win this thing and then straighten out the other stuff!!!
                        Yup!

Comment

Working...
                        X