Dear Howie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine any way that any overpriced Maxwell and Alonso who is a shell of his former self would be nearly enough to move the Eagles even 1 slot in the 1st round let alone 4.

I'm guessing this is one of those where we give them a 6th and we get their 3rd or 4th, or something like that.

Seriously, they just traded 2 guys who have almost no value. I think a lot of people are going to be really disappointed when we hear what the return is. Howie is still a genius for finding a way to get anything for these guys.
    just going by what has been mentioned. I think he did a great job.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

If we get a 6th and move up 5 spots in first that's a great trade.

Is there anybody who coaches for the Dolphins with ties to Maxwell who thinks they can fix him?
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        If we get a 6th and move up 5 spots in first that's a great trade.

Is there anybody who coaches for the Dolphins with ties to Maxwell who thinks they can fix him?
        It's already a great trade. If we move up in the first , March 7th should become a state holiday
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          It's already a great trade. If we move up in the first , March 7th should become a state holiday
          Sorry MM, but unless we get some high picks for Max I don't agree. He's a legit starting cb and they are hard to find.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
            Damn 60 do you think it will be worse than Chip's mistakes?
            I don't think it could possibly be worse. Kelly not only brought in some marginal talent, he paid dearly for it. When you really think about it, for a smart guy, as a GM Kelly could not have shit the bed any worse if he existed solely on a diet of Ex-lax cookies and Miralax smoothies.

I'm still waiting to see what Howie collected in picks because I agree with those who contend that Alonzo, Maxwell and Murray had very little market value. Alonzo, because he's built like an anorexic ballerina and tackles like one too. And Murray and Maxwell, because of their grossly inflated contracts.

If Howie actually got something of value in return for these 3 stiffs, I'll write him in for President in November.

Comment

I gotta hand it to Howie. Maxwell and Murray both turned out to be overpaid stiffs. Alonso looked like a dear in the headlights. I didn't think there was any way possible he'd be able to unload those guys. I don't care what he got in return. A couple cases of flat beer is fine, because their contracts were cap destructive. Grossly overpaying guys is one thing. Grossly overpaying guys that aren't playing worth a shit is about the worst thing you can do from a cap perspective. Thank God he got rid of them.

Comment

I thnk Howie did a good thing here. Now he can really impress me by gettng back Jeremey, Shady and Desean. C'mon Howie, you are tying to show us how great you are......
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  No doubt about it. These 2 trades were not something I thought was even remotely possible. Howie is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    I thnk Howie did a good thing here. Now he can really impress me by gettng back Jeremey, Shady and Desean. C'mon Howie, you are tying to show us how great you are......
                    OMG That would be SWEET!!! And Dawk too!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickyoung View Post
                      OMG That would be SWEET!!! And Dawk too!!
                      Ok, now you are just being silly!
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Did i miss the media articles on Howie the racist?

How convenient he paid the white QB, but got rid of two black players and a latino.

That's all the evidence I need.

Comment

I understand the trades but now comes the more difficult part. Drafting players. You gotta hit on those picks.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                            I understand the trades but now comes the more difficult part. Drafting players. You gotta hit on those picks.
                            We gave away to starters to move up 5 spots in the draft. You're damned right they had better hit a homer with that pick!
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                              I commend Howie on his deal making, but that was never in question- it was his drafting.

Now they need a starting CB (although, you could argue Maxwell wasn't he just started for the Eagles)

Comment

That 8th pick will likely be Ronnie Stanley who even after he blows his knee out I n the first day of training camp will be a wonderful LT/RT after a year on IR.

Because the Eagles...
                                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X