No announcement yet.

Book Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ehh, Ford is quite depressing. did we forget to mention that?

Comment

Sportswriter isn't exactly cheery.

You have read High Fidelity right? If not... you are banned until you do!

Or try any of the Chuck Palauniak books. Choke or Lullaby were good.

Comment

I think I'll still give Sporswriter a try.

Comment

If you want a great book series by a great writer, look up Neal Stephenson...

http://www.nealstephenson.com/
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I'm not a big fan of scifi, VFK but Snow Crash was one of the best books I've ever read.

And of course, Enders Game is a must read in that genre.

Comment

Anyone who played high school football should enjoy "Bleachers" by John Grisham. It's a VERY quick read (170 pages I think), that brought back a TON of memories.

Comment

I'm anxiously waiting the next book in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I'm a big fan of Russo's, although I don't think "The Risk Pool" or "Empire Falls" are as good as "Straight Man" and "Nobody's Fool". Those two are both great books.

I also like Hornby, although the quality of his books seems to get worse with each one he writes. Fever Pitch > High Fidelity > About a Boy > How to be Good > A Long Way Down. Still, I keep coming back for more. It's tough to give up on an auther you like.
                  The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

I'm riveted by "Killing Pablo". It's the story of the rise & fall of Pablo Escobar in Colombia. The author, Mark Bowden, wrote "Blackhawk Down" and was a former writer for the Inquirer.

Escobar was one bad dude. He was once listed as one of the 10 richest men in the world. I'm only 50 pages in but I'll let those of you who haven't read it know what I think upon completion.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                      I'm riveted by "Killing Pablo". It's the story of the rise & fall of Pablo Escobar in Colombia. The author, Mark Bowden, wrote "Blackhawk Down" and was a former writer for the Inquirer.

Escobar was one bad dude. He was once listed as one of the 10 richest men in the world. I'm only 50 pages in but I'll let those of you who haven't read it know what I think upon completion.
                      I heard Vinny Chase is expected to play the lead role....

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                        Originally posted by stevemc

I heard Vinny Chase is expected to play the lead role....
                        Yeah - it was ironic that my brother in law was reading the book after Vinny says it's his dream part. I was interested, he just finished it and gave it to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X