Eagles last 7 loses with Wentz at QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles last 7 loses with Wentz at QB

Found this today, Thought this was interesting. I don't look at wins/loses as a QB stat as some do. Its a team stat but I find this one interesting. This is a team game. Not all on the QB as some would think

Carson Wentz In his last 7 losses:

vs TEN: Led go-ahead drive. (Defense couldn't hold)

vs MIN: 2 TD's & 115.3 Rating (Offense needed to do more but not all on Wentz)

vs CAR: Had a 17-14 lead w/ 2 min left (Defense couldn't hold)

vs DAL: Led a game tying late 4th Qtr drive (Defense couldn't hold)

vs NO: Awful game

vs DAL: Led another game tying drive (Defense let Dallas use the entire overtime and score)

vs ATL Led go-ahead drive in 4th Qtr (with 3 minutes to go, got them within in a better route of Ertz of potentially winning the game, Defense couldn't hold).
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

So maybe Schwartz is the problem?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      So maybe Schwartz is the problem?
      It is probably much more complex. Leaving too much time for the opposition, getting a FG instead of a td, etc, those things would need to be parsed out before you can blame one or the other.

Given just that info, however, you are spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
        It is probably much more complex. Leaving too much time for the opposition, getting a FG instead of a td, etc, those things would need to be parsed out before you can blame one or the other.

Given just that info, however, you are spot on.
        This is spot on and the point I am trying to make is. You can't simply look at it this way.

Another one I saw this morning is Wentz is 8-13 in games where the Eagles lost by 7 points or less. The first thing I said was Wentz really? So he plays, QB,WR, OL, RB,DE,LB,S,CB, TE etc all at the same time. Its the team.

I look at this way, last season and Sunday the Eagles have had a problem closing out games. That was not an issue in 2017. Sometimes its the offense, sometimes its the defense, or like Sunday it was both. Once couldn't hold a lead with 3 minutes, the other cold catch the ball or run a route with the proper depth.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think the simple point to be made is this: The Defense is simply not very good. Currently, they are 22nd in yards per game, and 25th in points allowed. The Falcons needed a TD to go ahead, and not only could they not hold them on 4th down, but they gave up a chunk play for a TD. I know the Eagles made a nice drive, and fell a half a yard short, or whatever, but I can't fault the offense at all here. Good defenses don't collapse with the game on the line like that.

Comment

The scary part is that Swartz and the D are not blatantly bad. Not enough to stand out as a problem meaning we aren’t likely to see a coaching change anytime soon. Maybe Swartz isn’t the problem and needs better players. Hard to know what is discussed behind the scenes but last spring was spent almost entirely os the offense. Was Swartz ok with that or upset about it? Gotta think he was ok with what we have....
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I scratch my head with this D. The DL is certainly strong as is Jenkins. The corners aren't bad but they are nothing to write home about and I don't think any of the LBs are strong. That being the case they shouldn't be bottom of the league bad.
              Some stats are just stats that don't mean anything. Schwartz has no problem giving up yards but stopping people in the red zone. Very frustrating to me but it can skew where the team with yards per game. But that doesn't have anything to do with points per game.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Well it is a team game. It's not his fault that Butterfingers gagged his freakin brains out and dropped a perfect pass for a TD. I'm not even sure that I blame Zack too much on that last pass. That was more like great defense IMM.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  I scratch my head with this D. The DL is certainly strong as is Jenkins. The corners aren't bad but they are nothing to write home about and I don't think any of the LBs are strong. That being the case they shouldn't be bottom of the league bad.
                  Some stats are just stats that don't mean anything. Schwartz has no problem giving up yards but stopping people in the red zone. Very frustrating to me but it can skew where the team with yards per game. But that doesn't have anything to do with points per game.
                  If Belichick coached our players on D, we would easily be a top 5 D.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                  X