Watching Saints-Vikings again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Saints-Vikings again

This Vikings D is really good and fast but they are not the 85 Bears or the 2001 Ravens. They had a fairly soft schedule in that they didn't have to play Rodgers twice. I think Atlanta's D was playing just as well if not better coming into the playoffs because they were doing it against playoff competition and not the likes of the Bengals, Packers with Hundley, and the Bears.

I think we can run the ball on these guys. We just have to be patient and let our o-line wear on them. Some creative screens will work as well. Saints ran a nice TE screen that went for about 20 yds.

Against man, the Saints had a lot of success sending a speedy WR from the slot all the way across the field on a drag route. Both Ginn and Thomas ran away from their slot corner: Ginn on the TD that was called back and Thomas on the Saints first TD. I think Agholor could have a big day if we give Foles time and he can deliver.

Special teams will be huge again. I think we can block a punt on these guys also. The Saints did it, so they'll be working on that all week but we had one blocked last year in the game too but Grugier-Hill somehow wiffed. They aren't used to covering kicks as they play in the dome and everything is a touchback. Last year, Huff ran one back. It doesn't happen often but I think Clement or Barner could take one to the house.
    Our kickers have been dealing with this wind for over a month now so I hope it's windy on Sunday night.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.
Working...
X