Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How quickly we forget how good this guy is

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I saw Wentz running way too much watching that Popper and hope in the future he learns to slide or run out of bounds. Personally, I think and HOPE he can stay healthy and if so, with this roster, We're looking at a SB Team.
    GO BIRDS!
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I’m very happy we have him.

Comment

J- I agree with your basic premise but only saw two times when he absolutely should've went down; both after getting a first down when he continued. Mostly it was scrambling or he tried to get out of bounds. But, as I said, I agree he needs to get down and live for another play.
        A side note on that video was how well Agholor and he connect. Many people dis Aggie, salary certainly a concern I believe, but he is a versatile player for the offense. I'm living for this year but down the road I have concerns about losing he and Jeffrey.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          J- I agree with your basic premise but only saw two times when he absolutely should've went down; both after getting a first down when he continued. Mostly it was scrambling or he tried to get out of bounds. But, as I said, I agree he needs to get down and live for another play.
          A side note on that video was how well Agholor and he connect. Many people dis Aggie, salary certainly a concern I believe, but he is a versatile player for the offense. I'm living for this year but down the road I have concerns about losing he and Jeffrey.
          Touchdown,First Down, Go down!!

Comment

Watching that video a few things came to mind, other than the great plays by Wentz.

1) Most of those highlights were on 3rd and long or 4th downs. We converted an abnormal amount of those in 2017 because of Wentz's escapability. If you take that away from him, or he is unable to be the same Carson because of health issues, we are not the same team.

2) How many difficult catches did Jeffrey make in that video ? A whole bunch. Alshon is a big part of this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              Watching that video a few things came to mind, other than the great plays by Wentz.

1) Most of those highlights were on 3rd and long or 4th downs. We converted an abnormal amount of those in 2017 because of Wentz's escapability. If you take that away from him, or he is unable to be the same Carson because of health issues, we are not the same team.

2) How many difficult catches did Jeffrey make in that video ? A whole bunch. Alshon is a big part of this team.
              I think that we have to live with Carson’s running. That back stress fracture injury was caused by him getting murdered in the pocket too many times so you can’t take the running away from him. He’s got to get the ball out quicker.
              Last edited by Eagle60; 05-30-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                He’s got to get the ball out quicker.
                This is a terrific point. Nick got the ball out much quicker. Carson is definitely the better talent. But, he does hold the ball longer and has a bit longer throwing motion. Carson's legs allow him to hold the ball longer and often get away with it. But, as you said, that opens him up to taking more shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                  This is a terrific point. Nick got the ball out much quicker. Carson is definitely the better talent. But, he does hold the ball longer and has a bit longer throwing motion. Carson's legs allow him to hold the ball longer and often get away with it. But, as you said, that opens him up to taking more shots.
                  McNabb had the same problem, too tuff for his own good.

Comment

Working...
                  X