Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most important position other than QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most important position other than QB?

So according to to this Big V won us last years SB. Sorry, I'm not buying.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnq0WyzA...ource=ig_embed
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I guess this doesn't surprise me. It has been viewed by many that next to QB left Tackle is the most important position on offense. Some say center because of the blocking calls but look at where centers are drafted compared to the other offensive line positions--pretty low. Skill players such as RB and WR are certainly impact guys but many would say RB has such a short life expectancy in the league that a franchise LT is worth much more. I guess a game changing WR such as J Jones, Owens, Moss, et al might be more important than LT.
    As for V; it takes a team. One player doesn't win you the Lombardi. I'd also add that Doug & Co gave him help quite often last year. With that said, V stepped up last year and played well. He wasn't the only one. Kelce did also when many said prior to the season that Kelce was just an ok center and too small and got run over at center.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      I guess this doesn't surprise me. It has been viewed by many that next to QB left Tackle is the most important position on offense. Some say center because of the blocking calls but look at where centers are drafted compared to the other offensive line positions--pretty low. Skill players such as RB and WR are certainly impact guys but many would say RB has such a short life expectancy in the league that a franchise LT is worth much more. I guess a game changing WR such as J Jones, Owens, Moss, et al might be more important than LT.
      As for V; it takes a team. One player doesn't win you the Lombardi. I'd also add that Doug & Co gave him help quite often last year. With that said, V stepped up last year and played well. He wasn't the only one. Kelce did also when many said prior to the season that Kelce was just an ok center and too small and got run over at center.
      I just feel that you can get by with average lineman if you have superior skill people on offense. If you have stiffs up front your done though.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Are you talking about on this team or in the NFL as a whole.

If it’s the Eagles, it’s DT. Cox anchors that defense- as he goes, so does the defense.

If it’s the NFL, it’s LT.

Comment

Working...
        X