Wtf???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf???

On Sunday, Perkins emerged as Doug Pederson's secret weapon, though the Tampa Bay defense seemed unfazed.

Rather than throw to second-round rookie Dallas Goedert, the team's top draft choice, who looked very solid in the preseason, the Eagles targeted Perkins a half-dozen times. He made four catches for 57 yards, including a 30-yarder.

Pederson talked after the game about a "chess match," and how losing wideout Mike Wallace to an ankle injury early led to more work for Perkins, who seemed to line up in the slot a lot. Goedert, who was never targeted, seemed to work mainly as an in-line tight end. Presumably, Pederson doesn't think Goedert can work as effectively out of the slot as Perkins, 25, an undrafted free agent, who played in eight games for Atlanta in 2016, catching three passes for 42 yards.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    On Sunday, Perkins emerged as Doug Pederson's secret weapon, though the Tampa Bay defense seemed unfazed.

Rather than throw to second-round rookie Dallas Goedert, the team's top draft choice, who looked very solid in the preseason, the Eagles targeted Perkins a half-dozen times. He made four catches for 57 yards, including a 30-yarder.

Pederson talked after the game about a "chess match," and how losing wideout Mike Wallace to an ankle injury early led to more work for Perkins, who seemed to line up in the slot a lot. Goedert, who was never targeted, seemed to work mainly as an in-line tight end. Presumably, Pederson doesn't think Goedert can work as effectively out of the slot as Perkins, 25, an undrafted free agent, who played in eight games for Atlanta in 2016, catching three passes for 42 yards.

In the "old days" I was quick to question Barney Rubble. He's earned a lot of slack with me so I'll assume he knows a lot more than me...at least for now.

Comment

Doug said something about Perkins being a converted WR and he was in more of a WR role
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

It can’t be easy to put together an offense when you are down your WR1 and WR4 and then your RB1, LT, and WR2 all get injured in the first quarter.
        But we still scored 21 points and had 400 yards of offense.

This game is 99.9% on the defense.

Doug is fine.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
        X