interesting sox stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting sox stat

The Red Sox are 20-22 when someone other than Curt Schilling or Pedro Martinez starts.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Too bad the Phils have to go against Schilling again.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

i dont find it interesting..i find that stat alarming...as a former resident of beantown, i still hold a place in my heart for the bosox.

Comment

Well after watching this weekend's series against the Sox I can see that stat will hold for the season. Game 1 and 3 when Pedro and Schilling started they killed the Phils, and in game 2 when the other guy started the Phils put a whoopin on them.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

So in the playoffs, let's say you can count on the other guys to win 1 out of 2 games. Pedro and Curt are 18 for 32, about 2 out of 3 games. In a 7 game series, Pedro/Curt starts 3 games, wins 2. The other guys win 1 out of 2. Series Total of: 3-4. Not good news for Sox fans.

Comment

well, i can only fall back on personal experience...which is to say that schilling and johnson got it done over the yanks in their World Series(inspite of byung kim), so two dominating pitchers can win it all for you. btw..when I knew schill was going to be traded..i wished for him to go to the bosox..i swear to god..i knew they really needed him, and as I said previously..i still love them boys..

dusty

Comment

Sox

Don't forget about Derek Lowe. The guy isn't lights-out, and he's not an upper-echlon pitcher in MLB, but compare him to the third guy in the Schilling-Johnson rotation from the 01 DBacks. Miguel Batista I believe? I'd take Pedro-Schilling-Lowe over Schilling-Johnson-Batista (a threesome which, as correctly pointed out, toppled the mighty Yankees)

Comment

DBacks over Yanks is my favorite world series of all time. (After Phils over KC of course but I was really too young to enjoy that.)

Comment

That was a classic. I like any series that the Yankees lose, though.

Who picked Kevin Brown to make this far into the season before his first trip to the DL?
                  I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

I would like to know what that stat is now? Can we get an update?

Comment

Working...
                    X