• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we play Tampa Bay this year?

Holy crap these guys suck.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

No.

I don’t think they are that bad actually. Great group of receivers and Winston can really play. That OL is very average.

To me, I see ZERO REASON why this Birds team can’t make a serious run this year.

The best teams in the NFC appear to be...

Falcons, Panthers, Packers, Lions, Seahawks, possibly the Rams and the Cowboys.

The Birds are every bit as good as those teams and we will get Darby back just in time for the Cowboys and possibly even Jones. We belong in all the super bowl conversations.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      No.

I don’t think they are that bad actually. Great group of receivers and Winston can really play. That OL is very average.

To me, I see ZERO REASON why this Birds team can’t make a serious run this year.

The best teams in the NFC appear to be...

Falcons, Panthers, Packers, Lions, Seahawks, possibly the Rams and the Cowboys.

The Birds are every bit as good as those teams and we will get Darby back just in time for the Cowboys and possibly even Jones. We belong in all the super bowl conversations.
      If we stay healthy sure. The O line has been intact and it shows although I wish that they would stop the guard rotation. I haven't seen that since Paul Brown. We are really going to miss Darby and Cox this week with all the speed that Zona has at wr. Time of possession will again be so important and we've been one of the top teams in the league there. And then there's Smith hanging onto the ball as he already has 4 drops and those are TDs. He's got to come along IMO for us to be a contender.

Comment

I think he cowboys have regressed a little this year. Let's hope they completely shit the bed by years end.

Seahawks aren't that great. Their defense doesn't dominate games like they use to and Wilson struggles mightily at times. They do have a clear #1 receiver though inn Baldwin. He wasn't that great built bad really developed in the last 10 games.

Comment

The Patriots were rotating o linemen in recent years. We need Cox back for a Washington and Dallas.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            The Patriots were rotating o linemen in recent years. We need Cox back for a Washington and Dallas.
            That O line mostly sucked last night. Brady is not going to play until he's 45 like he thinks he is taking hits like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              If we stay healthy sure. The O line has been intact and it shows although I wish that they would stop the guard rotation. I haven't seen that since Paul Brown. We are really going to miss Darby and Cox this week with all the speed that Zona has at wr. Time of possession will again be so important and we've been one of the top teams in the league there. And then there's Smith hanging onto the ball as he already has 4 drops and those are TDs. He's got to come along IMO for us to be a contender.
              I know we have discussed this before but TOP is way less important than #'s of plays is. Numbers of plays is what keeps the other O off the field and tires out the opposing D, not just total time on the field.

Comment

Who knows in today's NFL. The Rams look legit but they were 3-1 last year. Detroit can surprise. Green Bay has a ton of injuries but keeps winning. Dallas is Dallas. Falcons lost both starting wideouts and you see what happened to them. Frankly even the Skins have a shot. Am I one of the few people that misses truly dominate teams?

Comment

The Eagles only play Carolina in the NFC South this year. They play the entire NFC South in 2018 (home - ATL, CAR, road - NO, TB).

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    I know we have discussed this before but TOP is way less important than #'s of plays is. Numbers of plays is what keeps the other O off the field and tires out the opposing D, not just total time on the field.
                    How Chip Kelly of you to say this (just kidding) While generally I would agree with this especially the last part that is wearing down a defense. I will say that any statistic like these above just looked at as a one off does not tell the true story. Leading the league in time of position but not converting those opportunities into points still results in loses. As we saw pretty clearly with Chip here leading the league in number of plays but not converting them into points still results in loses.

What the Eagles are doing now is not only leading the league in TOP but they are also up there in number of plays and have the longest active streak of 20 plus points a game scoring. Plus they have the best QB in the league in 3rd down which results in more TOP and plays.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Oh I'm not suggesting top doesn't play a role and in fact can be important, I think in the discussion of having a direct impact the #of plays affects a lot of the outcomes for TOP.

# of Plays tire the D, when a D tires scores go up, runners get better yardage thus increasing the # of plays and top then increases.

While you can also win games with a quick strike O, and loss of top and # of plays.... I think as we discovered with Chip ...... It isn't sustainable in the NFL.

So while yes you have to score, it helps a ton to tire out the D. Thus IMHO # of plays is a much more important factor in the outcome of most games.

Comment

If I said ball control would that make you feel better?

Comment

Nah, ball control is just a euphemism top. Top does not itre a defense out. # of O plays will.

Comment

Nah, ball control is just a euphemism top. Top does not itre a defense out. # of O plays will.
                            Ah, that's called ball control my friend.

Comment

We are leading the league in TOP and are in first, we sucked at TOP and were in last. The math works for me
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X