Red Sox are destroying Oakland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox are destroying Oakland

It's 7-0 in the 3rd inning, going for the sweep.

Quite a turnaround

I'm a Phillies fan rooting for you guys to win the division. Maybe it's b/c I actually want them to win, or maybe it's cuz I live in New York, and want to see the Yankees humiliated.

Next week's series is going to be awesome

Go yankees, I can't stand the red sox
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
      Go yankees, I can't stand the red sox
      Hmm, never heard of anyone hating the Sox more than the Yanks...

Comment

Everyone hates the Yankees, so why bother...I hate the sox because the national media is so in love with them

Comment

The media likes the Red Sox b/c tragedy makes better theater than victory, but I don't think they get more coverage than the Yankees.

Rooting for the Yankees, if you weren't born in the NY Metro area, is a mortal sin. It's like rooting for polio.

Just MO

Comment

As soon as the Phillies get back to the playoffs I'll stop rooting for the Yankees.

Comment

Yah, if I liked the Phillies, I would probably like Yanks better than the Sox too. Hey, that's your own problem. And by the way, inform me in what year the Phillies will get back to the playoffs. I jsut hate it when people who come into these boards and just diss the team in the topic. It's beacuse they are tired of dissing their own team in their own boards.

Comment

I think most Phillies fans are pulling for Boston

A) Because we hate New York in general

B) Schilling, especially b/c if our GM wasn't retarded he would be back w/ us.

Comment

What?

Comment

What was so hard to understand?

Comment

Schilling, especially b/c if our GM wasn't retarded he would be back w/ us.
                      I just didn't understand this part. That's all. And do the Phillies fans hate Yanks too or something? Who's your team?

Comment

Schilling was once a Phillie, he's saying that since Schilling was (I'm assuming) generally well liked in Philly, most of the fans would want to see him do well, I think.

Comment

Yes I'm a Phillies fan. The part about our GM refers to the fact that Schilling came out and stated his preference to return to the Phillies above all other teams during the offseason. We couldn't work out a trade, b/c our GM is a total pussy and complete moron, and was working on resigning our 'ace' fat Kevin Millwood.

So Boston (who has a GM with balls) jumps in a scoops Curt for a pretty small package. You will know this better than I, but who aside from Fossum did Boston give up? Not A-level prospects, right?

Anyway, it still pisses me off to see Schilling w/ 19 wins, and Millwood on the DL with only 9. Add 10 wins to the Phillies and they lead the wildcard by a nice margin.

And everyone hates the Yankees.

Comment

OK, I gotcha. I just didn't know Schilling used to play for Phillies. I just recently got into baseball, and sorry I am not sure what we gave up in regards to prospects because I couldn't keep up with the whole offseason stuff. Ok, i got ya now though.

Comment

Working...
                            X