Talk about a rebuild!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a rebuild!

The team that played today was light years ahead of the 4-1 team that opened the season last year. I don't think that there was a dropped pass today and Wentz was really awesome. Torey Smith was a huge factor today taking the top off of the defense even if he and Carson only hooked up 1 time as he opened up all of the underneath stuff. Nobody was running free in our secondary either. Darby was a horrible loss though. That really does put a damper on things.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Wentz wasn't really awesome. His two escape plays were great but he missed some easy passes. Week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      Wentz wasn't really awesome. His two escape plays were great but he missed some easy passes. Week 1.
      He also thread the needle quite a few times and it seemed to me his release was quicker. Of course when guys are actually catching the ball you tend to look better.

Comment

Thought Wentz played pretty well -- the broken plays were great. The INT was a bit fluky bad luck. But he was inaccurate in most of the deep balls (there were TDs to be had there; couple of underthrows and an overthrow). And he was also bad on some of the short passes (overthrew more than one). But I think you could see improvement there, and the OL wasn't all that hot either.

It's week 1, and plenty to be encouraged about. But I would like to see better in some areas.

Comment

I think that when you are forced to scramble it starts to mess with your timing because you start to doubt your protection. Seeing as though we had no run game I thought he ran a great show. If you are going to do that Doug why not run some no huddle?

Comment

Smith was open for a TD, and Wentz underthrew him. He's still got some serious deep speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              Smith was open for a TD, and Wentz underthrew him. He's still got some serious deep speed.
              A lot of his has to do with the WRs still working on jelling with Wentz at game speed. Granted, Jeffrey was blanketed by Norman so he wasn't going to get that many targets. Smith has started to get some chemistry with Wentz and Aguilar actually looks like the guy I watched at USC yesterday.

When those three hit their stride in weeks 4 or 5- this offense will explode.

O-line was awful though.

Comment

Working...
              X