Torrey Smith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrey Smith...

I've been saying Smith was going to have an impact from the day he signed, and I'm glad to see this..

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-ma...th-gifs-stuff/

What stands out to me is the way he absolutely smoked Josh Norman. If Wentz is accurate with the ball, he would have burned him for two long TDs. On the first one, Norman is playing 10 yards off, and Smith blows by him. On the second, he's playing press, gets a half hearted jam on him, and he still blows by him.

The Eagles have a deep threat again, and it's going to pay dividends.

He sure is going to make a difference! As far as Wentz not hitting on them I'm not worried at all. I'll bet that the chances are only about 25-30% on hitting one of those anyway. I think you get PI called more on those things than completions. QBs run hot and cold on those and there has to be some luck involved with hitting the receiver in stride too. The fact that Wentz tried about 5 of those against Washington is going to get Andy's attention this week. Smith can flat out motor and the space that he creates for his teammates is invaluable.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yep. We won't have any teams crowding the box this year because of our WR's. What a joy that is.

Comment

run the football and hit him on play action, simple
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          run the football and hit him on play action, simple
          What is running the football?

Comment

I know 60, the only thing worse than not running the football was watching McNabb fake a handoff after 17 straight passes. Had those back 7 guys breaking their ankles when they bit on that fake. NOT
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              I know 60, the only thing worse than not running the football was watching McNabb fake a handoff after 17 straight passes. Had those back 7 guys breaking their ankles when they bit on that fake. NOT
              Do you mean the famous "fake to nobody" play? We used to run it 10-15 times a game.

Comment

No worse than the quick out to the WR behind the line that failed like 9 times last week.

Btw......If you want more running the OL needs to get better and or not hurt.
                This team will only go as far as the OL allows them. I have no fears about Wentz as long as he gets some time and some steam taken off the pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  No worse than the quick out to the WR behind the line that failed like 9 times last week.
                  Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Btw......If you want more running the OL needs to get better and or not hurt.
                  This team will only go as far as the OL allows them. I have no fears about Wentz as long as he gets some time and some steam taken off the pass rush.
                  Another thing that Doug brought with him from Andy. Who could forget all of those memorable NcNabb to Pinky passes for one yard?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Do you mean the famous "fake to nobody" play? We used to run it 10-15 times a game.
                    Used to just shake my head and mumble to myself, "WTF is that?"

I think it was most effective when run with an empty back field.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                      Used to just shake my head and mumble to myself, "WTF is that?"

I think it was most effective when run with an empty back field.
                      McNabb did that once!!! We were at our sportsbar and we all went crazy laughing our asses off. The old operate conditioning thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X