Still a bunch of good value FA available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still a bunch of good value FA available

Any of the guys below could come in on a low dollar contract and help this team

Nick Perry OLB
    Zach Brown ILB
    Josh Kline OG
    Stacy McGee DT
    Bennie Logan DT
    Mike Glennon QB (backup)
    Corey Robinson OT

Still some good rotational backs
    Isiah Crowell
    Doug Martin
    Ty Yeldon
    Ty Montgomery
    Jay Ajayi

Howie can still add some players here. I am sure there are more.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

As an aside, did anyone read the Cataldi article blasting Howie for living in the past the other day? Just beating him up for the contract extensions and FAs that he has brought in with absolutely no context as to their role on the team. Cataldi is beyond crap as far as I am concerned
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Can’t believe any of you guys even bother to read or listen to anybody from WIP.

Especially Catalina................!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        As an aside, did anyone read the Cataldi article blasting Howie for living in the past the other day? Just beating him up for the contract extensions and FAs that he has brought in with absolutely no context as to their role on the team. Cataldi is beyond crap as far as I am concerned
        I actually emailed him about his article. There were so many mistakes, wrong contract amounts etc. It was kind of embarrassing for him.

I like Cataldi but for what he is an entertainer, he really is not a very knowledgeable sports fan.

Comment

I wonder if Cataldi gets punched out once in awhile?
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

To be honest I don't ever hear him and rarely do I see anything from him. Years ago sports media started employing people to antagonize each other and take opposing viewpoints in order to stir crap. That is when I stopped listening. I do however see a compilation of Philly sports articles and read ones from there. I was curious as to how you can beat him up for lining up suitable players at every position before even going to the draft. But as I said he is beyond crap really
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I stopped paying attention to Cataldi a decade ago.

Comment

I actually met Cataldi at Chickie & Pete's once. I was wearing my McNabb jersey and asked him to autograph it. He muttered "asshole" and walked away. The feeling was mutual, believe me. The only bigger tool in Philly sportscasting is Howard Eskin, AKA the Burger King.

Comment

Really on Cataldi. I have talked to him many a time and he was always really nice. Eskin depends on the day you meet him.

The biggest A hole I ever met in broadcasting is Mike Missanelli. He and Steve Fredericks used to host a live remote at the Lagoon in Delaware county. I was there one night and he was just all over Heath Sherman and Jimmy Joseph. Saying how great they were. Anyhow he was way over board. At the break I walked up to him and said hey we get it they are mediocre, he says no they f in suck and so do you if you think they are mediocre. Then he walks off. Fredericks says, he can be a real ass. I said tell me about. Fredericks then gave him a signed photo of him and a picture of Missanelli I could use for dart practice.

Comment

Yes, really on Cataldi, I don't whether he is a nice guy or not--- Isn't the point either--- as a sports guy he just sucks! I got tired of his schtick years ago--- he will take any side of an issue just to stir the pot. IMM, he will flat out lie if it benefits his ratings and income. He is a loud mouth New Yorker who has no roots in Philly sports.

Comment

MD - Cataldi is not from New York he is from New England as is Al.

I agree he schtick is to stir the pot. However to say he is a bad person but not to know him personally is wrong.

I look at it this way these guys are actors and actress just a person in a movie. Who they are on the air is not the same as who they are off for the most part. Mike Missanelli aside.

Comment

Hey man I never said (I don't think anyhow) that he is a bad person, in fact I think
                        I was pretty clear in my last post about him..... I said he was a bad sports guy.

NY/New England--- all the same to me, anything north of Trenton!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          Really on Cataldi. I have talked to him many a time and he was always really nice. Eskin depends on the day you meet him.

The biggest A hole I ever met in broadcasting is Mike Missanelli. He and Steve Fredericks used to host a live remote at the Lagoon in Delaware county. I was there one night and he was just all over Heath Sherman and Jimmy Joseph. Saying how great they were. Anyhow he was way over board. At the break I walked up to him and said hey we get it they are mediocre, he says no they f in suck and so do you if you think they are mediocre. Then he walks off. Fredericks says, he can be a real ass. I said tell me about. Fredericks then gave him a signed photo of him and a picture of Missanelli I could use for dart practice.
                          That was right before the satellites first started up and I started to see the Eagles quite often for the first time since I was 10 and lived just outside Philly because the team was getting heavy tv exposure with Randall playing. I thought that Sherman was a pretty good runner but had bad hands and fumbled too much. The guy that I just didn't get was Joseph. The guy was a force in my book. Whenever the guy played he ran great. Seriously, I never got why he didn't start. He must have been a real slow blinker. I remember when he got drafted in 91 and they didn't play him until the end of the year and he ran like hell and ended up being the leading rusher on the team. After that he played sparingly and always was a bull when he got in. In 95 he went to the Bengals on a pretty good contract but I never heard of him again. I think that he got hurt and that was it.

I went to quite a few games in Philly over the years after that when I was younger with a whole group of guys from up here and always managed to get on the radio one way or another. The first time I was on I told Eskin that I thought Joseph should start and the he was a force. He told me he thought that he was "serviceable" and I went on some kind of tangent about it. Then he came back at me with "Tell me Popper, did you grow up next to a nuclear power plant"? The crowd got a good laugh out of it but I was pissed off. I got him back real good a couple of years later but that's a great story over a few beers and it's too long to tell here.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                          X