No announcement yet.

And we have a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cap really eased up next year. We can sign him long term.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      The cap really eased up next year. We can sign him long term.
      Kendricks, Kelce, Celek, Peters could all be gone by next year. That would add like 25 mill to the cap. Others like Vinny Curry, Torey Smith, could also go. So yes it does ease up next year and beyond so any of these 1 year contracts can be reupped during the year.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Tommy Lawlor on Timmy Jernigan move

http://igglesblitz.com/
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Like I said --- Upside!

Comment

I think this could be a good deal for the Eagles. Again, it's one of those situations where you have a player with some upside, but it's really going to depend on how he does in your system, with your guys surrounding him. I agree with Taz that this is a pretty deep draft, and I don't think you're giving up too much to move down. I also agree with Lawlor, in that Logan was a better 3-4 DT. I expected him to have a huge year last year, and it didn't materialize. So, we'll see what happens with the new guy.

Comment

His biggest value could be opening things up for Cox. They could dominate the middle and feed off one another. It would be nice to add that badass DE in the first. If we have 4 guys who can defeat a double, it makes the back 4 better
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

A badass DE would be great so I am not opposed to that but I am comfortable with the DL at this point. I'm also comfortable with QB (although a late rd guy will be taken) and TE.
                Of course you can always upgrade any position. Right now I would say high end CB and RB are the positions of need. Another LB and another S should be on the list if there is a player in the draft. Finally you can never pass up top talent so WR, OL, DL have to be in the back of your mind.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

I like this deal.

http://igglesblitz.com/2017/04/shrewd-move/

Jernigan is an excellent addition for the Eagles. He is 6-2, 295. He is strong enough to 2-gap and eat blocks, but he is athletic enough to shoot gaps and make plays. Jernigan won’t turn 25 until September so he is just hitting the prime of his career. The risk for the Eagles is that he becomes a free agent at the end of the year. The Eagles are hoping they like what they see and can sign him to an extension.

In some ways, Jernigan is an upgrade over Bennie Logan. Jernigan has played in 43 games and has 13 sacks. Logan has played in 59 games and has 5.5 sacks. I was actually shocked when I saw that. I figured Logan would have better numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    His biggest value could be opening things up for Cox.
                    Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    They could dominate the middle and feed off one another. It would be nice to add that badass DE in the first. If we have 4 guys who can defeat a double, it makes the back 4 better

That's a GREAT point MM. You can't double team both of them!

Comment

I'd give Douglas big kudos for this trade

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/vi...5-fcec875980fe

Comment

Jernigan should be leaving it all on the field, being in his final year of his contract!
                        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                          Jernigan should be leaving it all on the field, being in his final year of his contract!
                          Yup.... nice incentive.

Comment

Working...
                          X