Question about the trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the trade?

What would you think of the trade if it was for a high 3rd round pick this year instead of a 2nd round pick next year?

Something like:
    Ravens get 32, 132
    Eagles get 52, (let's say 70), 125 * and a possible upgrade to their 2nd round pick next year

The reason I ask is I think if there is a player that the Eagles like in round 3, they could trade away their own 2nd round pick next year to get him. And then they still have a possible high second round pick next year anyway (as Baltimore is in rebuild mode with Jackson).

I see this as a very likely scenario.

Another likely one is that they trade 52 and a 3rd next year to move up in the 2nd round. So maybe they only really go from 32 to lets say 35-40 and they upgrade from a 3 to a 2 next year. THIS IS MY PREDICTION FOR TODAY.

Does any of this make sense?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
    What would you think of the trade if it was for a high 3rd round pick this year instead of a 2nd round pick next year?

Something like:
    Ravens get 32, 132
    Eagles get 52, (let's say 70), 125 * and a possible upgrade to their 2nd round pick next year

The reason I ask is I think if there is a player that the Eagles like in round 3, they could trade away their own 2nd round pick next year to get him. And then they still have a possible high second round pick next year anyway (as Baltimore is in rebuild mode with Jackson).

I see this as a very likely scenario.

Another likely one is that they trade 52 and a 3rd next year to move up in the 2nd round. So maybe they only really go from 32 to lets say 35-40 and they upgrade from a 3 to a 2 next year. THIS IS MY PREDICTION FOR TODAY.

Does any of this make sense?
    Howie has had a night to think about it. One can only imagine the thoughts running through that mind of his LOL.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Like I said this trade gave us a lot more "flexibility" !!

Comment

this was actually the year IMO to trade most of the draft away to get one of Cleveland's top picks.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I did hear on NFL Radio that the Ravens didn’t have to give up much. And that next year picks are viewed as 1 round lower than current year. IE that 2nd next year is akin to a 3rd this year to GMs

So I suppose we could try and trade it for a 3rd this year?

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
            I did hear on NFL Radio that the Ravens didn’t have to give up much. And that next year picks are viewed as 1 round lower than current year. IE that 2nd next year is akin to a 3rd this year to GMs

So I suppose we could try and trade it for a 3rd this year?
            Not directed at you Dawk, I'm sure you got the story right.......mBut I call bullshit. There us no way anybody knows the difference right now between the 2nd and 3rd ...... NEXT YEAR!

Hell the day of the draft people still have trouble being anywhere near accurate between 2nd and 3rd.

Just ain't buyin it.

Comment

I feel a lot better Goedert is a stud!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I feel a lot better Goedert is a stud!!
                Chris Simms is comparing him to Travis Kelce.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Not directed at you Dawk, I'm sure you got the story right.......mBut I call bullshit. There us no way anybody knows the difference right now between the 2nd and 3rd ...... NEXT YEAR!

Hell the day of the draft people still have trouble being anywhere near accurate between 2nd and 3rd.

Just ain't buyin it.
                  It was Phil Savage and the former Bucs GM. Forget his name. I thought it odd as well, but that was both of their claims at how future draft picks are looked at by GMs. Was new to me

Comment

I have always heard that future picks increase a round in value during trades. A 2nd next year is equal to a 3rd this year. I remember hearing this back in the 90’s and talking about it a lot with my friends during the 99 draft when we thought it was possibility to get 3-4 first rounders for a chance to draft Ricky Williams. Turns out we were right!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I don't know why this is a surprise to anybody. We've been involved with these many times. If you have to wait a year for the pick you should be compensated.

Comment

What I take away from this so far is that trading back "this" year got us 2 really good high potential things--a really high ceiling TE and another 2nd next year-- all for moving back, what, 17 spots-- that is making the most out of the given circumstances imm!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          What I take away from this so far is that trading back "this" year got us 2 really good high potential things--a really high ceiling TE and another 2nd next year-- all for moving back, what, 17 spots-- that is making the most out of the given circumstances imm!
                          I posted about a week ago clips of 3 great TEs in the draft and we got one of them. I think that it's a perfect pick for us because it was the one genuine need that we had. He should play right away and be a nice replacement for Burton. I'd love to get a backup for Kelce too but they haven't gone that route yet. We really don't have anybody to back him up. Wiz is not very good there and who knows what Seumalo can do? He did play there quite a bit in college though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            I posted about a week ago clips of 3 great TEs in the draft and we got one of them. I think that it's a perfect pick for us because it was the one genuine need that we had. He should play right away and be a nice replacement for Burton. I'd love to get a backup for Kelce too but they haven't gone that route yet. We really don't have anybody to back him up. Wiz is not very good there and who knows what Seumalo can do? He did play there quite a bit in college though.
                            And we cock blocked the Cowboys from grabbing Witten replacement. And he was named Dallas after the Cowboys. And we did it in Dallas. Witten’s timing was beautiful though I think they were gonna grab a TE regardless. I’m not sure if they did.

Comment

The reason the pick is graded a round differently in the next year is that you don't get the services of the player this year. That is out of Mayock's mouth.
                              All we got out of the trade is a second next year and move up seven spots in the 4th to go back 20 spots.
                              You can't say 17 spots because they had to throw in another pick to move up from 52. You can't throw in Goedert because they already could have had him. You could say they got the guy they wanted because he may have been 'their' guy from the beginning but maybe 'their' guy was Gesicki and they didn't get him.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X