Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And we have a trade

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/4/151...s-ravens-trade

Wonder if the MD guys know anything about him. Dropped 25 spots to get a third year second round pick. Would seem like a good deal for a young player but don't know much about him. Still would like to get another third rd pick
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Jernigan is a FA after this year. He appears to be very well rated against the run. So hopefully he performs and gets re-signed.

He may not be a long term replacement/fixture but enables them to draft BPA vs need.

Comment

Good move. Guy has some upside.

Comment

I'm no trade value guy but that seems awful steep for a 1 year player.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            I'm no trade value guy but that seems awful steep for a 1 year player.
            Howie has just begun.

Comment

Pick swap is roughly the value of a late 4th round pick. On par with Logan as far as being a run stuffier, quick first step. With the depth in this draft this is a good trade for the Eagles, they will get roughly the same caliber player at 99 as they do at 74. Preserves having 8 picks still and it adds a solid player. Unique way to replace Logan at a fraction of the cost on the cap. Very well done Howie and Joe.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                Pick swap is roughly the value of a late 4th round pick. On par with Logan as far as being a run stuffier, quick first step. With the depth in this draft this is a good trade for the Eagles, they will get roughly the same caliber player at 99 as they do at 74. Preserves having 8 picks still and it adds a solid player. Unique way to replace Logan at a fraction of the cost on the cap. Very well done Howie and Joe.
                Jernigan was a potential high first round pick but fell in the draft because of questionable work ethic. I remember him sucking wind in the national championship game and having to be taken out of the game.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                  Jernigan was a potential high first round pick but fell in the draft because of questionable work ethic. I remember him sucking wind in the national championship game and having to be taken out of the game.
                  Solid player, watched him play a ton in Baltimore. That body of work is better than his college work. Not a star but you can't have stars at every position. Better than the alternatives and on par with Bennie Logan. Good move by Howie and Joe.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I like it. Preferred making a run at Hankins, but know we lacked the $ for that

didn't love any of the DT's in this draft. Outside of Solomon Thomas, who wouldn't be in play for us anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                      I like it. Preferred making a run at Hankins, but know we lacked the $ for that

didn't love any of the DT's in this draft. Outside of Solomon Thomas, who wouldn't be in play for us anyway
                      This
                      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I don't think that anybody doesn't like the trade, he's a good player. But let's face it, he's more than likely one and done. This doesn't sound like a team that's building for the future. I sure hope it all comes together quickly.

Comment

We already have what, 5 starters or guys who played well in their chance from last years draft. If they nail it on this draft. They will have a bunch of players on their first contract. There is a lot they can do, including signing this guy if he is a beast in the middle. We just need to see how it pans out.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            I don't think that anybody doesn't like the trade, he's a good player. But let's face it, he's more than likely one and done. This doesn't sound like a team that's building for the future. I sure hope it all comes together quickly.
                            Why is he and one and done?
                            There is still a lot of time to make it more if he and the birds like each other.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              Why is he and one and done?
                              There is still a lot of time to make it more if he and the birds like each other.
                              You're right. For a minute there I was thinking about the bogus salary cap.

Comment

Working...
                              X