observations from Eagles-Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• observations from Eagles-Giants

Nothing like playing the Giants to get this team well. Very dominating and convincing win.

1. Wentz looked great last night. First time I have said that this year. Looking at his numbers he is on pace to produce very similar to last year, if he played 16 games 32 td's 4 Int, 4,000 plus yards.

2. Jason Peters is done. I hate to say this as he is probably the best I have seen play that positions for the Eagles. He is slow into his stance and for the first time he is bull rushed. Now he is hurt again. He is going to try and play through it but LT will become the most important off season decision for this team.

3. Lane Johnson had his best game of the year and that was playing with a high ankle sprain. Kudo's to him for playing through this.

4. I loved Saquan Barkley in college as I am a big Penn State fan, I hated the Giants got him for the very reason of last night. He is going to be a thorn in our side for many years to come. He is not Zeke Elliot either he catches the ball better, and has better elusiveness.

5. Doug had a great game plan last night. He made sure that Carson had outlets on every down, Carson checked down when he needed to. Despite being down several RB and having one who was a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, he stuck with the run.

6. Speaking of Clement, he really looked good last night. This is a guy playing with a bad wheel. They had him on a pitch count. Best piece of last night, Clement told Howie he didn't need another RB and Howie told him prove it. I think Clement proved he deserves more time. First he has to get healthy.

7. Mills played well last night. Yes he gave up another long pass but on that one I have to say that was more the receiver adjusting to a bad throw than Mills being out of position.

8. Nice to see the LB making some plays. They have been pretty silent most of the season. All three of them Kamu, Hicks and Cabana Boy all played really well last night. Except for Cabana boy getting juked out of his jock by Barkley who is going to do that to a ton of players going forward.

9. Rasul Douglas playing safety looked good. He got juked on the same play that Cabana boy did. But overall I thought he looked comfortable there.

10. I have to give credit to the officals last night. I thought they let the teams play, only called the real penalties (except for the Roughing the passer on Bennett) but I would much rather have a game called the way it was last night vs. the 20 plus penalty games.

Overall at least for one night we looked like the Super Bowl champions last night. Now Howie needs to go out and get us a RB so that MR. fumble Smallwood can go back to being the 4th back. I don't think Sproles will ever be right so we really need a back.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Well I thought the birds looked good but I also know they played a bad team so I have to withhold judgement for the year.
    Jason Peters has been declining and I agree he is now done and that is too bad. How it plays out this year is a concern. If in the lineup he will be adequate against most but a liability against the better DEs. Doug can adjust to this by giving him help when needed. He and the team need to realize that.
    I thought Clement was going to become a league wide name this year. The injury has hindered that but I still think he will be a good one.
    Barkley will be a thorn in everyone's side. Every team will have to game plan for him. Hopefully Eli is there for 2-3 more years (which I doubt) because you won't have to game plan for him.
    Yea Carson looked like Carson. I will say though that the first TD pass was across his body from the sideline into the middle of the field (endzone). Probably not a pass that would be recommended even though he pulled that one off. I like a QB that can run for a first down when needed but I hope he is doesn't need to do that as often as the team gels this year.
    Pretty good play calls but Doug let Carson get his ass whipped early (1st qtr) before going to some quick outs and more runs. It was obvious the DL was pinning their ears back and Wentz was back there on long developing plays
    And yes that is the first game where the LBs were in damn near every play. They have been pretty nonexistent
    Jeffrey makes a HUGE difference to this team. He is what a receiver should be.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I'm glad that you mentioned Jeffery ND because he has been huge for the offense since he got back on the field. Yes, we played great last night BUT the Giants were so flat I couldn't believe it. There was a total lack of effort from them IMO. It was also nice to see Carson take control at the LOS last night killing plays and also running RPOs. I just don't trust Smallwood as he fumbled again last night but got it back. You just can't play guys who fumble. Adams never saw the field which was a mistake IMO.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X