Bears/Cowboys - Missed opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears/Cowboys - Missed opportunity

Man, the Bears are kind of handing it to the Cowboys (24-7 Bears right now). That Miami loss really stings.

I always root against the Cowboys, especially when they are standing in the way of us winning the division. But, this feels really different now.

If our guys can't win the next 4 in a row and take it outright, they really don't deserve the division. That is not to say that Dallas does either. This division is getting more pathetic by the day. Because of the NFC East tiebreakers, we cannot afford to lose another game even if Dallas loses.

Dallas may rally and still win it. But, right now we are staring at a division in which every team is below .500 after tonight
    Last edited by Pliny; 12-05-2019, 10:51 PM.

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
    Man, the Bears are kind of handing it to the Cowboys (24-7 Bears right now). That Miami loss really stings.

I always root against the Cowboys, especially when they are standing in the way of us winning the division. But, this feels really different now.

If our guys can't win the next 4 in a row and take it outright, they really don't deserve the division. That is not to say that Dallas does either. This division is getting more pathetic by the day. Because of the NFC East tiebreakers, we cannot afford to lose another game even if Dallas loses.

Dallas may rally and still win it. But, right now we are staring at a division in which every team is below .500 after tonight
    You can point to several games that we just threw away Pliny. Between injuries and new players we just have no chemistry. Our guys play hard but not with their hair on fire. If Wentz gets his head out of his ass and leads the team making plays and the team somehow bonds we can still win this thing.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yep losing to Miami or how about losing to Atlanta when everyone was beating them or a number of losses that could’ve been wins. Unfortunately none of them were.
      I would normally love to be laughing at Dallas fans today but problem is they can laugh back right now
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

NoDak: I was thinking the same thing. Those Atlanta and Miami losses are pretty damning. But that is who the team is this year.

Comment

They're not going to win their next four in a row. I don't think they'll beat the Giants this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            You can point to several games that we just threw away Pliny. Between injuries and new players we just have no chemistry. Our guys play hard but not with their hair on fire. If Wentz gets his head out of his ass and leads the team making plays and the team somehow bonds we can still win this thing.
            read somewhere that we have 15 past practice squad guys on our 53 man. Either our scouts are doing a fantastic job and the rest of the team suck or we are suffering too many injuries and missing on draft picks and FA signings. Not too hard to figure it out and it's quite sad
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              They're not going to win their next four in a row. I don't think they'll beat the Giants this week.
              I agree about them not winning out, even though they basically did it last year.

The Dallas/Rams game coming up is pretty important. If Dallas loses to the Rams, while we beat the Giants and Skins, we could clinch the division with a 8-7 record by beating Dallas and the last game would mean nothing.

We have to beat the Giants and Skins to setup that showdown in Philly in 3 weeks.

I would feel a lot better if we were to get Jordan Howard back. I don't think we lose to the Dolphins had he played. Late in the game he would have ground down the Dolphins weak run defense. Miles Sanders is a great change of pace back. But, Howard moves the pile and is at his best when a defense is worn down.

Comment

It's a real shame the Eagles are a raging dumpster fire. It prevents me from enjoying the Cowboys' implosion nearly as much.

Comment

Sorry--- I still enjoy it tremendously ANY time the Cowgirls lose!!!!

Next best thing next to a Bird win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    Sorry--- I still enjoy it tremendously ANY time the Cowgirls lose!!!!

Next best thing next to a Bird win!!!
                    Oh, I enjoy it, don't get me wrong. But, I don't enjoy it nearly as much when the Eagles are too inept to take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      Oh, I enjoy it, don't get me wrong. But, I don't enjoy it nearly as much when the Eagles are too inept to take advantage of it.

EB,

I can always draw some pleasure from Dallas under performing expectations and disappointing fans and the talking heads in the sports media. That pleasure is magnified by knowing how much this really eats Jerry up inside. Jerry is a dried up, absolutely driven old man who looks like he might be getting an "up close and personal" intake interview any day now from the guy with the reaping scythe.

Like you, the fact that the Eagles have somehow devolved into a marginally talented, injury-riddled, poorly coached, passionless puke fest cuts deep into the schadenfreude I would be normally enjoying from the repeated failures of the shit stains from Dallas to seal the deal in our pathetic division.

I have a strong dislike for the Giants, the Skins and, more recently, the Vikings. But I really, REALLY HATE everything about the Cowboys. It borders on being obsessive. So, always lurking in the dark recesses of my pessimistic mind is concern about what 'could' happens if Dallas gets in. The Dallas swine may stop themselves from getting in. Our Eagles team and coaching staff are simply not up to the task this year.

And that's really sad.
                      Last edited by tinopuno; 12-07-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                        EB,

I can always draw some pleasure from Dallas under performing expectations and disappointing fans and the talking heads in the sports media. That pleasure is magnified by knowing how much this really eats Jerry up inside. Jerry is a dried up, absolutely driven old man who looks like he might be getting an "up close and personal" intake interview any day now form the guy with the reaping scythe.

Like you, the fact that the Eagles have somehow devolved into a marginally talented, injury-riddled, poorly coached, passionless puke fest cuts deep into the schadenfreude I would be normally enjoying from the repeated failures of the shit stains from Dallas to seal the deal in our pathetic division.

I have a strong dislike for the Giants, the Skins and, more recently, the Vikings. But I really, REALLY HATE everything about the Cowboys. It borders on being obsessive. So, always lurking in the dark recesses of my pessimistic mind is concern about what 'could' happens if Dallas gets in. The Dallas swine may stop themselves from getting in. Our Eagles team and coaching staff are simply not up to the task this year.

And that's really sad.
                        Agreed. It's a tough pill to swallow given that we all thought the Eagles would be pretty good this year, and they have massively underachieved.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                          EB,
                          But I really, REALLY HATE everything about the Cowboys. It borders on being obsessive. So, always lurking in the dark recesses of my pessimistic mind is concern about what 'could' happens if Dallas gets in.
                          Tino, I am ashamed to admit being the same way. Eagles come 1st. Anybody playing Dallas is 2nd.

Despite the fact that the shit stains have not played well, I also have that fear that they somehow make the playoffs and get hot. They certainly have the talent.

Hating the Cowboys is a sickness for me. It has been like that since I was 7 years old (true).

Comment

Jerry Jones cut off interview this morning for swearing....LOL

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-cursing-twice

Comment

Plastic man is really looking rough these days. I wonder if he's got one more stretch left in him?
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X