Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 01-13-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

andrewaters will become famous soon enough
Default Eagles Cap (maybe sticky this)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadel...les/cash/2019/

Nick Foles - $20
Tim Jernigan - $13
Peters - $10
McLeod - $9

Are the ones that jump out at me and that is $52 million roughly you could save.

They are $14 million over cap right now.

Chris Long -$5 million... he wonít be back IMO

So if you liquidated all that you go from $14 million over to $43 million under which is enough to get Jernigan and Graham back if you want them. Plus Hicks. Plus Darby. And then you nail the draft.

Last edited by sfphillyfan; 01-14-2019 at 09:00 PM..
andrewaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #2
taz
Pro Bowler

taz has disabled reputation

I don't think they are 14 mills over the cap. I don't really trust those sites that much. For instance, OTC has the Eagles cap hit for Jernigan at 7 mill and only saving 5 if they cut him. However I remember reading all of the guarantees are gone and we recoup the entire 13 mills if they cut him.

Also have to remember they have about 8 million to roll over which I think get them under the cap and that is before the ones you noted above.

They also can convert Alshon's 12 mill guarantee into a signing bonus and lower his cap number by about 7 million.

In other words don't worry about the cap. We can go out and get whatever we want .
Old 01-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #3
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

I was just going to post that taz. We'll just kick the can down the road some more until we hit the National Debt.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:10 PM   #4
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

I agree Taz. Nobody really knows but these guys always have appeared to be close.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:41 PM   #5
Rossovich 
2013 Contributor
Pro Bowler

Rossovich has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Rossovich

I read a recap of free agency so far. The writer said Howie does the job at a higher level than most.
Rossovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #6
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Based on the moves so far I think we are about $10-$12 million under. Going to need money for Carson toot sweet.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #7
taz
Pro Bowler

taz has disabled reputation

Based on my calculations after the Vinny Curry signing I think the Eagles are 24 million under.

The interesting thing is aside from Carson and possibly Agholor I can't think of anyone else they many want to extend. I think they have extended everyone that they wanted. Maybe Big V on a lower deal.

The Eagles are certainly in a position to pounce on anything that comes their way right now. That is a good position to be in
Old 03-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #8
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Based on my calculations after the Vinny Curry signing I think the Eagles are 24 million under.

The interesting thing is aside from Carson and possibly Agholor I can't think of anyone else they many want to extend. I think they have extended everyone that they wanted. Maybe Big V on a lower deal.

The Eagles are certainly in a position to pounce on anything that comes their way right now. That is a good position to be in
It's just so hard to figure out what a player is worth these days. Who knows what Aggie wants? We were all surprised that he got the $9 million this season. I wonder what Jefferys is thinking now after he got the same thing?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #9
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

No hurry on Wentz, I don't see him being a pain in the ass and I believe they have him under control for this year and next. I would like to see him get through a season before handing him a boat anchor of a contract
Old 03-26-2019, 08:51 AM   #10
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

MM I hear you but Agholor is still working on his rookie contract based on where he was drafted. I think you are right that Alshon might be underpaid but comparing it to NA is tough because that was his 5th year option.