Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KFFL sez Bishop To Visit Novacare

Draft prospect Cal ILB Desmond Bishop to visit Novacare, according to KFFL

The Sporting News' Draft mag sez: a sleeper pick. 6ft 1.5 in 241 lbs.

4.8 40-yd dash

Good strength, toughness. consistently fills the hole and takes on lead blockers. Smart and gets his teammates aligned correctly. Reads/reacts quickly to screen passes and dump off passes.

Lacks elite speed. Too often dives at runners. doesn't protect his legs well from cut blocks. straight-linish

Projects as a great backup/short yardage LB. ranked #10 of the draft class

"Projects as a great backup/short yardage LB"

We have some pretty good back ups -- it's our starters that need bit of a lift, no?

Comment

Thank God, I thought it was Blaine Bishop.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I was wondering which Archbishop was going to bless the Eagles' practice facility.
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            LOL, that's exactly what I thought.
            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster
              LOL, that's exactly what I thought.
              Make that 3. I was cringing when I clicked on the title.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                "Projects as a great backup/short yardage LB"

We have some pretty good back ups -- it's our starters that need bit of a lift, no?
                I agree, which is why I thought this to be a head-scratcher. The fact that this could well be a pre-draft smokescreen was not considered, though. How many players last draft did the Eagles have in for a visit, only to see them a) passed over, or b) snapped up by another squad?

PFW summary on Bishop: "Good-sized, strong two-down plugger...good enough to get the job done...as a situational player."

I think it's a smokescreen.

Comment

A USAToday article on the LB draft crop. No mention of Bishop.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... kers_N.htm

Comment

Not Blaine Bishop, but Bennie Blades' son is in this years draft...
                    Member of the Mike Bartrum Fan Club

Comment

I thought it was Elvin Bishop.
                      "I must have been through about a million girls"............
                      But then I fooled around and fell in love....."
                      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Add that late round QB project to the visits:

Eagles | Team to work out Korrodi
                        Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:12:31 -0700

KFFL has learned the Philadelphia Eagles will hold a private workout for Central Missouri State QB Toby Korrodi Tuesday, March 20.

Comment

Desmond Bishop
                          ILB | (6'1", 240, 5.0) | CALIFORNIA

Scouts Grade: 33

Flags: (S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position
                          View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
                          You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Possesses good overall size. Is quicker than fast. Shows good instincts and a nose for the ball. Takes solid angles in pursuit. Is big and powerful enough to take on blockers in the phone booth. Fills hard versus the inside run and shows the power to blow up iso-blockers in the hole. He is a powerful tackler with good wrap-up skills in space. He plays with a high motor and a mean streak. Always seems to be around the football and is a playmaker versus the run. Makes his presence felt over the middle of the field in coverage.

Weaknesses: His marginal speed is a major limitation. He will struggle to make plays outside the tackle box versus the run and he won't be able to run around blockers when necessary. He needs to play with more consistent leverage. Will lose his power when attempting to take blockers on too high. Needs to do a better job of protecting his legs in space. Takes some false steps versus the play-fake. Lacks ideal closing burst as a pass rusher and must improve how to get off of blocks once reached. Not a huge playmaker in the passing game. Lacks the fluid hips and top-end speed to turn and run versus faster running backs one-on-one in coverage. Also displays below-average ball skills in coverage.

Overall: Bishop originally attended City College of San Francisco where he was a member of their 2003 National JUCO Championship team. He earned first team JUCO All-American honors in 2004 after playing in 10 games and making 118 total tackles. He transferred to Cal-Berkeley in 2005 and wound up starting all 12 games and finishing with 89 total tackles, six tackles for loss, and one forced fumble. Bishop again started all 13 games in 2006, earning first team All-Pac 10 honors after finishing with 126 total tackles, 15 tackles for loss, three sacks, three interceptions, two forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries.
                          Desmond had a breakout season as a first-year transfer in 2005 and continued to improve as a senior in 2006. He has proven to be an instinctive playmaker with good size and toughness versus the run. Unfortunately, he will not be able to overcome his marginal speed in the NFL like he did the past two seasons playing at Cal. He projects as nothing more than a reserve tackle-to-tackle run-stopping inside linebacker with no value on passing downs, which is why Bishop will slip to the final few rounds of the 2007 draft.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                            Add that late round QB project to the visits:

Eagles | Team to work out Korrodi
                            Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:12:31 -0700

KFFL has learned the Philadelphia Eagles will hold a private workout for Central Missouri State QB Toby Korrodi Tuesday, March 20.
                            Toby Korrodi
                            QB | (6'3", 231, 5.2 | CENTRAL MISSOURI

Scouts Grade: 30

Flags: (M: MENTAL) Does not retain and learn the system(S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position
                            View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
                            You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Possesses good height and is thickly built. Is strong and sturdy. A pocket passer with a quick release. Shows good touch and timing. Extremely accurate and efficient when he has time to set up and deliver. He rarely throws into coverage and his touchdown-to-interception ratio has been extraordinary during his two seasons at CMSU. He shows the ability to lead his receivers. Arm strength is adequate-to-good. He's a hard worker and he displays good toughness.

Weaknesses: A small-school prospect (D-II) with marginal mobility. He has had problems staying in shape and must do a better job with off-season conditioning. He has had some academic issues in college, so there's so concern regarding his ability to digest an NFL play-book. He must prove capable of consistent finding hot reads and beating the blitz in the NFL, because he's not agile enough to consistently avoid pass rush pressure.

Overall: Korrodi spent his first three seasons (2002-04) at Northern State before transferring to Central Missouri State in 2005 following the retirement of the Northern State's head coach. He started 8 of 10 games in 2005, completing 74.6-percent of his passes for 2,066 yards with 23 TDs and just two INTs. He is married with three children.
                            Korrodi is a small-school prospect with marginal mobility but good size, arm strength and accuracy as a passer. He will have a difficult time making the transition from the D-II level to the NFL but Korrodi warrants consideration in the seventh round or as a priority free agent in the 2007 draft class.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc

Comment

Thanks BBF...
                              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X