Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 07-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Zepster
Pro Bowler

Zepster has disabled reputation

I think it says more about Booker the worthless than it does about westys health.

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!
Zepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #12
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

Agree Zebster. Booker may have more in the tank but this tells me he ain't got **** upstairs. Dunn, as a vet, has the smarts to be able to fill the role. Hopefully, Westbrook and McCoy carry the load with whoever (Dunn?) getting a touch or two here and there. But that person has to be ready to step in when needed without taking a bunch of time to figure out what is going on. Look, if something happens to Westbrook McCoy should be ready to play but the vet can step in and know what to do and when to do it.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Or it could be as simple as reps in TC. Has anyone heard anything negative about Westy and his rehab?

But TC is coming and why rush Westy back, somebody with a similar skill set has to split reps with Booker............................ or it could be more sinister I guess.

Not gonna worry about something till there is something to worry about.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #14
Zepster
Pro Bowler

Zepster has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
Or it could be as simple as reps in TC. Has anyone heard anything negative about Westy and his rehab?

But TC is coming and why rush Westy back, somebody with a similar skill set has to split reps with Booker............................ or it could be more sinister I guess.

Not gonna worry about something till there is something to worry about.

I don't think Dunn, at his age, is looking to come and be a camp body anywhere. If he's signed that means the writing's on the wall for Booker and Dunn's our 3rd rb.

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!
Zepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #15
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepster View Post
I think it says more about Booker the worthless than it does about westys health.
My only problem with Booker, and it's a big one, is blocking. He's like a bug on a windshield. I know that he went one on one with Joe Mays 50 times a day after practice last year to improve. That's a lot of punishment. I guess we'll find out if it did any good this preseason. The guy does have a lot of playmaking ability. I hope he doesn't end up being another Moats.
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #16
Leonard Tose
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Leonard Tose is on a distinguished road

Here's what Football Outsiders said about Westbrook's health in this year's book:

Brian Westbrook -- "Simply put, there’s not enough cartilage left in Westbrook’s knee ... About the only option the Eagles would have left would be Synvisc injections, the same treatment Randy Johnson uses to keep his knees lubricated. That’s Westbrook’s last resort, and honestly, it’s not that far away from coming into play."
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Tose View Post
Here's what Football Outsiders said about Westbrook's health in this year's book:

Brian Westbrook -- "Simply put, there’s not enough cartilage left in Westbrook’s knee ... About the only option the Eagles would have left would be Synvisc injections, the same treatment Randy Johnson uses to keep his knees lubricated. That’s Westbrook’s last resort, and honestly, it’s not that far away from coming into play."
Not questioning you LT, but how would anybody know this? Damn, everyday that goes by I dislike the media more and more.

And it's contrary to what we have been told by Burkholder.

Again I'll wait to worry until there is actually something to worry about.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #18
Leonard Tose
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Leonard Tose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
Not questioning you LT, but how would anybody know this? Damn, everyday that goes by I dislike the media more and more.

And it's contrary to what we have been told by Burkholder.

Again I'll wait to worry until there is actually something to worry about.

It's Football Outsiders, they are very respected. But I don't know where the truth lies.

However, I don't recall Burkholder ever saying Westbrook has a good working knee. If anything, I've heard Big Red say on a number of occasions that Westbrook had the knee issue coming out of college, that's why he got knocked down on some draft boards.

Clearly, it was a potentially career-shortening knee issue coming out of college. Considering all of his prior knee issues, including the extensive week-to-week management of the knee during the season, as well as the past whispers of needing microfracture surgery, it hardly seems like a stretch to suggest this.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

Burkholder was quoted as saying that after these operations Westy would be healthier (paraphrasing) then he has been in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURKHOLDER
"He and I have worked closely together. We're actually looking forward to working with each other while everyone else is away to get him in great shape. I don't foresee it as a problem. I think that he's going to come back in better shape. A little bit of ego involved, I think, because he gets to work with me straight through the summer which we haven't had a chance [to do] before. We've only worked through June and then he's been off for the summer so I'm looking forward to it. I think he's going to come to training camp in the best shape of his life."
This was after the 2nd surgery, FWIW.

Look I'm not saying they are wrong, but I get cynical when there isn't a source or any other information out there that corroborates the story. Until I hear something else I'll err on the side of the -- "it's the media being the media". "Irregardless" ( )of the outlet--- they are all driven by something other than informing the public with facts.

Last edited by MDFAN; 07-14-2009 at 01:36 PM..
Old 07-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
FRESH 
The lesser half...
Hall of Famer

FRESH is on a distinguished road

Burkholder made a comment a month of so ago expecting Westy to be , after this procedure and rehab, in the best shape of his career....which I called BULLSHIT at the time. And I still think so. Honestly I am just hoping that he can be serviceable/good and make it thru a long season upright. I'm not expecting miracles.