Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 08-06-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road
Default Elliott threatening to sit out the season even though....

...he gains no leverage in pursuit of a long term deal by doing so.

LINK:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-full-season/

If this pant load was making the decision by himself to potentially follow through on his threat to 'sit' in the absence of a new contract, it could be a sincere threat because he impresses as one dumb MFer. But you have to assume his agent is telling him sitting out would be counter productive. Of course, his agent may be reluctant to confront Elliott with facts he won't like for fear that he'll mistake the agent for a young woman and be the shit out of him.
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

They said on Good Morning Football that Dallas has offered all 3 of the douche bags a top 5 contract for their positions.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #3
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post
...he gains no leverage in pursuit of a long term deal by doing so.

LINK:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-full-season/

If this pant load was making the decision by himself to potentially follow through on his threat to 'sit' in the absence of a new contract, it could be a sincere threat because he impresses as one dumb MFer. But you have to assume his agent is telling him sitting out would be counter productive. Of course, his agent may be reluctant to confront Elliott with facts he won't like for fear that he'll mistake the agent for a young woman and be the shit out of him.
I've often wonder if Ewok knows how to read? What do you think ?

Last edited by Eagle60; 08-07-2019 at 06:27 AM..
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #4
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

We need an Ewok emoji
Old 08-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #5
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
I've often wonder if Ewok knOws how to read? What do you think ?

Everything about Elliott offends me. His hair, his ugly fucking face, his "feed me" act, his chronic abuse of women, his ugly fucking face, that he plays for Dallas, that he went to 'The Ohio State', that he played for that criminal-coddling, lying piece of shit Urban Meyer...Did I mention his ugly fucking face?

Can he read? Probably...as long as he sticks with books about Dick and Jane and Spot the dog. I've heard him talk. He's one seriously dumb fuck. If he couldn't play football he'd be gluing pieces of wood together at some ARC workshop that the staff would almost always throw out after he left each day because he'd down such a shitty job.

I hope Dallas signs him and runs him into the ground until his heart explodes just as he doing the 'feed me' routine.

Other than that, I wish him well.
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:33 PM   #6
Pliny
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Pliny has disabled reputation

This news is simply delicious !
Pliny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #7
Vet Turf
Pro Bowler

Vet Turf has disabled reputation

While I am no Ewok fan, I actually can see a scenario where his holdout makes sense. Let's be honest Dak isn't the reason that team is good, it is Ewok and the Oline. But QBs are sexy and positions of need, right? Ewok (or his agent) knows that once Cooper and Dak are signed, a RB with a lot of mileage just isn't going to (1) get much and (2) there isn't going to be much cap space after Dak & Cooper are signed. By holding out now, before the other two are signed he has a better chance at a bigger contract.

Just my two cents from thinking about the situation there.
Vet Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #8
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

I agree Vet to a certain extent but Ewok is a horse and their offense won't be much without him. I'd love his talent for the Eagles. He's the best back in football right now. I think that counting on Dak to win games for you by himself for is a mistake.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:30 PM   #9
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
I agree Vet to a certain extent but Ewok is a horse and their offense won't be much without him. I'd love his talent for the Eagles. He's the best back in football right now. I think that counting on Dak to win games for you by himself for is a mistake.

Better than Saquan?
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:10 PM   #10
FairOaks
Pro Bowler

FairOaks is on a distinguished road

Top five is fine for Dak and Cooper (and probably far too much for Dak), but you can't just give Elliott a "top five" offer. They need to find a way to fit all three on the roster, but not sure any of them want to settle. I think they acknowledged that the Gurley deal was the floor, but after the Bell deal with the Jets I think they are assuming that is now the floor.

I can completely understand Elliott's position -- they ride him hard. August 6 was the big date -- by not showing up by then, he does not get an accrued season this year towards free agency. The next deadline is by game 11 I think -- if he plays six games, this year will at least count as part of his contract, but he'd still have another year before free agency (the fifth year option, which will pay him a lot more at least). He really has no reason to come back before then without a new deal, at this point. If he skips that, then this season doesn't count contract-wise, and he'd still be on his fourth-year salary next year.

His leverage will be how much does their offense actually depend on him. If they bring in another guy and they still win games, his leverage will drop significantly (sort of like Bell's did in Pittsburgh). If Dallas starts losing games early and he's not there, his leverage will shoot up. If he gets involved in more idiotic off-field stuff since he has copious free time by not playing... his leverage could drop that way too
FairOaks is offline   Reply With Quote