Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
kyfred
Pro Bowler

kyfred has disabled reputation

The DB was, in part, a mess due to no preassure on the QB. Yes they sucked, but it was a product of a totally disfuctional unit. I am taking the tackle and looking to FA and deeper in the draft for a DB. Millner is good, but he may be a product of a great defensive team.
kyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
longsnapper
Benchwarmer

longsnapper is on a distinguished road

The pressure improved once Graham got into the lineup regularly, but the DBs didn't get any better.

I'm no scout, obviously, but Dee Milliner was an athletic freak with good technique when I watched him. Bama players have had a lot of success in the NFL lately, no evidence really that they are overrated due to the team's success.
longsnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
ThoughtProcess
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

ThoughtProcess has disabled reputation

I agree with the premise that Joeckel would provide the team with an excellent building block for the future. What is the opinion on Chance Warmack, OG? Maybe not at #4, so if the team decides to trade down for more picks, then Warmack is an option for the OL.
ThoughtProcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #14
kyfred
Pro Bowler

kyfred has disabled reputation

TP: I think that is a valid option. I guess we have to look not at BPA, but where the drop-off is for BPA by position of need. Can we go Millner and get a decent tackle later or are we better off going with a strong tackle and going DB or other later. It is too early to debate much, as FA will better line out what are real needs are.
kyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
longsnapper
Benchwarmer

longsnapper is on a distinguished road

If they are going to take an interior lineman, I'd go for Barrett Jones from Alabama in the 2nd round - can play anywhere on the line other than LT (including center). The guy is a monster.
longsnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
Leonard Tose
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Leonard Tose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
One of the worst secondaries in the HISTORY of the NFL and we are going to take a right tackle with the 4th pick. There is one and only one player we need to target Dee Milliner CB Alambama. We need a building block for the secondary. The offensive line has Peters, Heremens and Mathis to build around

Agree. Secondary has to come first. Cover corner and rangy safety who can cover and hit.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #17
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

The addition of Joeckel and the return to health of Peters would make the Oline pretty damn good. Mathis and Herremans as your guards and Kelce (no matter what line principles) is solid and Dunlap,Kelly,Reynolds gained a ton of experience and would be good,solid backups and maybe a change helps Watkins.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
ThoughtProcess
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

ThoughtProcess has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfred View Post
TP: I think that is a valid option. I guess we have to look not at BPA, but where the drop-off is for BPA by position of need. Can we go Millner and get a decent tackle later or are we better off going with a strong tackle and going DB or other later. It is too early to debate much, as FA will better line out what are real needs are.
True. The new regime's philosophy will also have to be accounted for as well. Suffice it to say that I'd be surprised to see the team stick with Mudd's scheme after Mudd's retirement/Reid's dismissal.
ThoughtProcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #19
FRESH 
The lesser half...
Hall of Famer

FRESH is on a distinguished road

We are likely going to have to go OL with the first pick, I agree. But we desperately HAVE to put a decent secondary on the field. The most talented of the four is DRC, easily. So, we HAVE to bring him back, and get him to buy in to the new regime. That is our best shot. Then supplement the secondary and defense as a whole with the later picks in the draft.

Keep DRC and Allen, dump the rest and replace as best you can. Can they get any worse?????
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
BIGPHILLY
Hall of Famer

BIGPHILLY has disabled reputation

I never want to see Nate Allen back there again. Ever.

NFC East Titles:
Playoff Appearances:
NFC Title Games:
Super Bowl Titles:
BIGPHILLY is offline   Reply With Quote