Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Entertainment

Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stevemc has disabled reputation

Season finale thoughts? I loved how it ended and how things are up in the air. I'm also happy it will be back in early '07
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

Spoiler warning.....

I thought it was a great show until the ending. Come on, what kind of cliffhanger is that? We all know there's no way Ari parts ways with Vince. What? Are they going to be bitter enemies? No. By the 4th episode, Lloyd would have foudn Vince a great script somehow and then the crew and Ari will be partying in Vegas.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stevemc has disabled reputation

Vin - I agree that it's obvious it will be worked out but I love Vinny and his principles. Once Ari showed himself to be the same as everyone else - he changed his tune. I also like how he & "E" are on the same page.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
nyc_eagle
Veteran

nyc_eagle has disabled reputation

I didn't exactly understand why Bob signed the deal.
nyc_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_eagle
Cause he is an old dinosaur who doesn't understand what to do so he just listens to the last person that whispers in his ear. This time, Alan.

There were some classic lines by Ari in this episode: I've never cheated on my wife... but if you want to jerk me in my car, I'm game.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
Old 08-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
nyc_eagle
Veteran

nyc_eagle has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfphillyfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_eagle
Cause he is an old dinosaur who doesn't understand what to do so he just listens to the last person that whispers in his ear. This time, Alan.
Alan didn't fire Dana until after Bob signed, right? I was a little confused on the sequence of events. Bob is just blabbering about "Oh that poor girl got fired. I signed the deal."

I'm guessing Bob went in and told Alan, "Dana said you aren't going to make this movie."

Alan says, "Yes, I am. Sign."

Bob signs. Alan fires Dana. Bob decides he's not cut out for Hollywood anymore.
nyc_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

[quote=nyc_eagle]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfphillyfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by "nyc_eagle":8e662
Alan didn't fire Dana until after Bob signed, right? I was a little confused on the sequence of events. Bob is just blabbering about "Oh that poor girl got fired. I signed the deal."

I'm guessing Bob went in and told Alan, "Dana said you aren't going to make this movie."

Alan says, "Yes, I am. Sign."

Bob signs. Alan fires Dana. Bob decides he's not cut out for Hollywood anymore.[/quote:8e662]

That's how I interpreted it as well.
:
Old 08-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #8
stocknowledge 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stocknowledge has disabled reputation

I always think that "E" doesn't belong on the show. He has no "from the hood" credibility, speaks with a squeaky voice, and is about 4'8". There is no way any really hot girl (like his girlfriend whose name I can't remember) would find him attractive.

In short, I love the show (thought this was a good season), just don't think "E" belongs.

stocknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #9
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

E's the straight man to everyone else's weirdness. He's a good character for the show. Some might say he serves a purpose ....like Todd Pinkston...

What I don't understand is why he's the central character. (He gets top billing.) I'd rather see Jonny Drama or Ari as the central character.
: