No announcement yet.

Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you looking forward to music wise in '07?

For me:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    The Shins
    Arcade Fire
    Travis
    Radiohead (although reports are sketchy but all the songs are written)

anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevemc
      What are you looking forward to music wise in '07?

For me:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
      The Shins
      Arcade Fire
      Travis
      Radiohead (although reports are sketchy but all the songs are written)

anyone else?
      the new shins is very good, so keep looking forward. i agree with Clap, Arcade Fire, Radiohead (they played many new songs when i saw them this summer and i thought they were very good). i'm also looking forward to the new Modest Mouse and Ween.

however, the one musical event that i am most looking forward to is a Police reunion tour. it's not a completely confirmed rumor that they are getting back together, but it's more than speculation at this point. if it's true and i get to see them, i may just poop my pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by betty
        however, the one musical event that i am most looking forward to is a Police reunion tour. it's not a completely confirmed rumor that they are getting back together, but it's more than speculation at this point. if it's true and i get to see them, i may just poop my pants.
        betty - I'm there with you. I've always said that is the one reunion I'd love to see above and beyond what the Who just did or Pink Floyd for that matter.

looked up this as the latest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070103/en_nm/police_dc

Comment

• You can download the new CYHSY and have it mailed to you when it releases at the end of the month.

I have it and like it although it hasn't struck me as well as the first one as of yet but many of the songs on the first album took some time with me.

Their myspace page is also supposedly streaming the entire album.

Comment

• Is there anyway to get it to stream into iTunes, this myspace player sucks sound quality wise.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by leifdawg
              Is there anyway to get it to stream into iTunes, this myspace player sucks sound quality wise.
              Leif - two things:

1) Don't know how to stream elsewhere

2) The first song on the album has lead singer, Alec's, voice severely distorted if that's all that you've heard. The distortion of his voice is intentional on the first song.

Comment

• no, it's just the sound is flat on that player.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• The new Shins (out today) sounds good on the first listen. I'll let you know how it grows on me.

Comment

• New release reviews:

The Shins - very good - 8.5
                    Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - decent - 8.0
                    Cold Ward Kids - unique, raw, energetic - 9.0

Comment

• I need the new CYHSY if anyone would like to send it to me.....

when does Bright Eyes come out with a new album?

Comment

• Add The Hold Steady to the list at a solid 8.5 as well.

Vin - Give me a minute.

Comment

• The new Norah Jones is quite good...

Although I am biased as I love beautiful and talented women...

Vin, didn't Bright Eyes come out with two albums last year?
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• Norah Jones just announced her spring tour.

She's coming to the Tower on April 20th I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                              I need the new CYHSY if anyone would like to send it to me.....

when does Bright Eyes come out with a new album?
                              To answer the Bright Eyes question:

http://www.nme.com/?class=article&rss_id=2786

Also - got the leak of the Arcade Fire album "Neon Bible" due out the first week of March.

Just like "Funeral" - this one is going to have to run its course and settle with me after about a dozen listens. It has an absolutely ENORMOUS sound to it. It feels like it wants to burst out of my speakers when I listen to it.

Comment

• The Police announce their tour. Philly is not listed as of yet but it is on their schedule. I'm sure they'll play on either side of their early August MSG dates.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-police/26393

Comment

Working...
                                X