X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news on Westy......

At least it's better than before......
    /////////////////////////////////

Eagles coach Andy Reid said yesterday that running back Brian Westbrook had "very little swelling" in his right knee one day after the 38-24 victory over the Dallas Cowboys.

The Eagles expect to learn more about Westbrook's injury tomorrow when the team returns to practice.

Westbrook has not practiced much for the last few weeks. He missed the 31-9 win over the Green Bay Packers on Oct. 2 with knee inflammation.

The fifth-year running back gained just 33 yards on 11 carries against Dallas, although he did score on a 5-yard run. Westbrook also caught five passes for 53 yards.

Reid says he cannot tell if this will be a weekly ordeal with Westbrook.

"I really think it'll be day-to-day and week-by week, but we'll see how it goes here," Reid said during his news conference at the NovaCare Complex. "We just hope it stops."

Westbrook confirmed on "Monday Night Live" last night on Comcast sportsnet that the knee has not swollen as of yet and not to believe any injury reports unless it comes from him or an Eagles team physician. He thinks it's under control and there are no plans for surgery.

Comment

Part of me still thinks this was all a mind-f*ck by AR to make opposing teams game plan for us with Westbrook and for us WITHOUT Westbrook.

Comment

I will say that Westbrook did not look like the same player in the 2nd half. He sat out ALOT of plays and jogged lightly on and off the field. He is hurting - to what extent, I don't know.

Comment

I repeat my previous offer that I will convert to any religion that can deliver five injury-free seasons for Westbrook.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
          X