The NFC is now the superior conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFC is now the superior conference

Watching that ugly, ugly game last night drove the point home for me.

New England is still good but no longer dominant.
    Pittsburgh is in free fall and won't make the playoffs.
    Jax is good defensively but are up and down.
    Baltimore has crap for an offense.
    Denver is up and down and Plummer is a disaster waiting to happen.
    San Diego is good but they have Marty.
    Cincinnati is talented but unproven. Hardly a juggernaut.
    Indy is Indy, they struggle mightily in the playoffs.

Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Panthers. The second tier is the Falcons, Saints, Rams, Skins.

The NFC is just better IMO.

Giants are not even close to those other 4 top teams.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Swing I agree with your main point but there's no way you should be including the Giants and the Skins in that list. Both of them are absolutely terrible and in a head to head match with any of the AFC team you listed would lose and lose big. Other than that I agree with you.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Giants played the AFC's best, Indy, very tough in a head to head matchup. The Skins beat Jacksonville.

I happen to think the Giants are better than a lot of Eagles fans. The Skins, while the worst team in the NFC East, still have the talent and ability to beat most AFC teams on any given Sunday.

Comment

I chalk up those wins to "any given Sunday..." Week in and week out if you watch them play - they suck., The Giants are ready to implode (a loss last week might have done it) and the Redskins just plain suck! They scored a measly 3 points against the Giants and were held to under 190 total yards this week. That's the same Giants team that prior to last week was ranked in the bottom 6 for total defense! On paper both of those teams should be very good this year but the reality on the field each week is far from what they look like on paper. The Skins are underachieving once again and the Giants will likely self destruct before the year is over. Based on what you've seen after 1/4 of the season, would it surprise anyone neither team made the playoffs? Would anyone be shocked if Coughlin was fired during the season let alone after it? I fully expect both of those things to happen and as such there's no way I can consider either of them among the top teams in the conference. That's just my opinion, but then that's all you really need!!
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Do not forget the Seahawks...

I would say it is closer now between the conferences and, while the NFC may have the best team and some other very good teams, the AFC is still better depth-wise IMO...
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Oops, forgot the Seahawks, thanks for the reminder. They're in the top tier obviously.

I guarantee you that whatever team comes out of the NFC will win the Super Bowl this year. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. This is a good year for the Eagles to win the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                Giants played the AFC's best, Indy, very tough in a head to head matchup. The Skins beat Jacksonville.

I happen to think the Giants are better than a lot of Eagles fans. The Skins, while the worst team in the NFC East, still have the talent and ability to beat most AFC teams on any given Sunday.
                I really think the Redskins caught Jacksonville at the right time, coming off two big games and on the road. I don't think the Redskins can be included in any discussion of the best teams in the NFC.

I do agree with you on the Giants though. I think the Seattle game was just a complete meltdown for them and they will get on the same page offensively. Manning is still going through his growing pains, but that offense is one of the best in the league.

Comment

Working...
                X