Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from Eagles Saints game

As Jason Kelce said ITS the Whole team.

1. Right now the IR and DNP list looks like the 4077 mash unit. Players going down like flys. I question conditioning I question the medical staff on all of this, guys get hurt but this is a flat out epidemic.

2. Worst game I ever seen a Wentz play, period. Looks like the team issues are now affecting our only bright spot.

3. Was anyone else pissed off ghat up 5 scores in the fourth quarter the saints are going for it on fourth down and throwing deep passes. I was the players on the field could care less.

4 which brings me to one Pussy Schwartz. Worst defensive coordinator this town has seen in a long time, it took him until this game and mid way through this game to figure out they needed to play press man. Now against Brees it doesn’t matter, he beats everything. But if they would have played that earlier this year they may have several more wins.

5. Doug and Groh have got to figure out that 2017 was 2017, you have to come up with different wrinkles otherwise you wind up scoring 7 points against a not so good defense.

I can go on and on, it’s one game in a lost season. They need to reload, they need to change out coaches in some key areas and come back next year ready to go.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Pivotal off season for sure. Doug has had a rough year, but I'm willing to give him a bit of a break because of injuries.

OLine needs to be fixed. We desperately need an all around dynamic HB. One who can block, run, catch, etc. Last year we did it with a committee. This year we have nothing. Adams is doing his best, but looks lost in pass protection.

We miss Jernigan, Barnett, McLeod on D. But I agree that Schwartz has not been impressive.

This season is done. I don't even want to sneak in and win the division. I'd rather have a top 10 draft slot.

I hope we don't got crazy and go after LeVeon. We need to draft a HB.

I'm going to try and be optimistic that we won a title and this year has been a shit show. It can be fixed this off season

Saints are real talented and have a nice path in the playoffs. Home field and then a SB in a dome they have a lot of experience playing in. Payton is the only guy on that team I hate though. I'd love for them to lose.

Anyone but a miracle NFC East team, Pats, or Saints

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
      Pivotal off season for sure. Doug has had a rough year, but I'm willing to give him a bit of a break because of injuries.

OLine needs to be fixed. We desperately need an all around dynamic HB. One who can block, run, catch, etc. Last year we did it with a committee. This year we have nothing. Adams is doing his best, but looks lost in pass protection.

We miss Jernigan, Barnett, McLeod on D. But I agree that Schwartz has not been impressive.

This season is done. I don't even want to sneak in and win the division. I'd rather have a top 10 draft slot.

I hope we don't got crazy and go after LeVeon. We need to draft a HB.

I'm going to try and be optimistic that we won a title and this year has been a shit show. It can be fixed this off season

Saints are real talented and have a nice path in the playoffs. Home field and then a SB in a dome they have a lot of experience playing in. Payton is the only guy on that team I hate though. I'd love for them to lose.

Anyone but a miracle NFC East team, Pats, or Saints
      Holy shit Dawk, I agree with everything that you said here! Has that ever happened before lol? Not so sure about going in the tank though. I'd love to find a back that could take it to the house though. All the good teams seem to have a homerun hitter.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

You guys still don’t seem to get it..... this teams biggest problem on O is the OL.
        Wentz can be great..... if he gets at least a DECENT O-Line. The better the O-Line the better this O and Wentz will be.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          You guys still don’t seem to get it..... this teams biggest problem on O is the OL.
          Wentz can be great..... if he gets at least a DECENT O-Line. The better the O-Line the better this O and Wentz will be.
          Nobody is arguing with you.

Comment

Really? All I seem to be reading is how we need a great HB. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Comment

Really? All I seem to be reading is how we need a great HB. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
              Personally I want a much better line. It seems like good RBs can be found without drafting one high. Better to use our resources on our line and secondary. Though our LBs are doing their best invisible man act. And we need some DL help too. Also OC and DC could be replaced. Otherwise we are fine.

Comment

Oh we need a HB for sure, but we have to fix the line first and foremost. Nobody would disagree with you on that.

It’s not just the online, d line is just as bad if not worse.

Comment

We are not nearly as good up front as 2017. Last year this OL was DOMINANT. Big V played well. Brooks, Kelce and Lane were Pro Bowl level. This year they play well in spurts but either their play has dropped or the play calling and scheme has gotten stale. Probably both.

We really miss Jernigan to complement Cox on the interior... especially against the pass. The DE play is good but we miss Barnett and Graham looks a little slower and less hungry. He wants to get another big deal but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

We are getting exposed at SS and we are playing preseason caliber players at CB. I’m not ready to give up on Douglass. Or Jones. Or Mills even. And I think Darby is gonna find the Eagles are his best option for a deal coming off an ACL.

Hicks and Bradham’s play has been average. And honestly Jenkins has had some very good games and some average games.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Scroll down to the chart at the bottom. Amazing.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8_injuries.htm

Comment

The crazy thing is we can still win the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                        Scroll down to the chart at the bottom. Amazing.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8_injuries.htm
                        Injuries play a part. The concerning thing is the guys like Jenkins getting beat on a wheel route on 4th and 7. The defensive line especially the ends, Graham Long and Bennett not setting the edge on the run. Producing long runs against a team who has been stout against the run. The offensive line played with 4 of their 5 starts yesterday and the 5th started most of last year as a guard for them.

Can’t blame it all in injuries, the guys who are not injured are just not playing well at all.

This offseason will need to be a combination of coaching changes and personnel changes and that could mean some big names leaving this team.

Comment

For a happy thought...we still have a few more months to say "Defending Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles"

Comment

Taz

Jenkins getting beat on that 4 and 7 was not bad coverage. Great throw by Brees. Same on that TD on the slant.

My bigger concern is the lack of a pass rush. Did we lay a hand on Brees all day? The lack of LB and Jenkins to flow to the edge to stop those runs. And I agree we have trouble setting the edge.

Consistently getting beat on slant routes and then Douglass playing press coverage and not even getting a hand on the WR. That coverage is designed I think for Douglass to hold him up with a jam and then use the sideline and when you whiff and Thomas gets a free run the QB has a window to throw into. He has to make a good throw and Brees will almost every time. Graham looked late and Douglass pointed at him but he also missed the jam completely which didn’t help.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                              Taz

Jenkins getting beat on that 4 and 7 was not bad coverage. Great throw by Brees. Same on that TD on the slant.

My bigger concern is the lack of a pass rush. Did we lay a hand on Brees all day? The lack of LB and Jenkins to flow to the edge to stop those runs. And I agree we have trouble setting the edge.

Consistently getting beat on slant routes and then Douglass playing press coverage and not even getting a hand on the WR. That coverage is designed I think for Douglass to hold him up with a jam and then use the sideline and when you whiff and Thomas gets a free run the QB has a window to throw into. He has to make a good throw and Brees will almost every time. Graham looked late and Douglass pointed at him but he also missed the jam completely which didn’t help.
                              When jamming you are right on AW, you simply can't let the wr run a slant. You have to lineup on his inside shoulder and take away the inside release. Also our D line was getting blown up and driven backwards causing too much traffic for Hicks to get to. As for the pass rush it was nonexistent. That rush last year covered a lot of sins on the backend. Whoever we have out there is simply not doing the job. Even more disturbing is that the team quit yesterday. The Saint players after the game said something to the effect of "we made them quit". Yikes!

Comment

Working...
                              X