Mayberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
    If your a major league team do you want just an extra outfielder or do you want someone who can play def. run the bases and steal some bags?? .

They already have this in Michael Martinez and they aren't cutting bait with him this season. I'm with LT, they need an upgrade at the plate. He has a .765 OPS vs. righties this year which isn't bad but still not ideal for a top RH bench bat and his career OPS vs righties is .626 which is deplorable.

Comment

dont listen to me, here's what Charlie Manuel says:

“When he starts hitting and creating against right-handed pitchers, that’s when he can play more and move into a starting position,” manager Charlie Manuel said. “ He is one of those guys that can be a late bloomer. He’s got the tools and he’s got everything it takes to play the game. He’s an athlete. What is holding him back is consistency against right-handed pitchers.”
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Big 2 run single tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
          Big 2 run single tonight.
          ...off a righty.

Followed by a 3 run double in the 8th, with 2 men out...off another righty! That makes 9 Ribi's in the last 2 games.

Let's see...if he could keep that up over a 162 game schedule that would be a total of 729 RBIs for the season. That would probably be good enough to keep him up with the parent club.

Seriously, I'd like to see John Jr get a lot more at bats vs righties and lefties. And not that it counts for all that much, but in addition to being a good athlete, he is not your typical inarticulate MLB dope. He's one of the few professional athletes I've heard interviewed lately who doesn't embarrass himself when he speaks.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            ...off a righty.

Followed by a 3 run double in the 8th, with 2 men out...off another righty! That makes 9 Ribi's in the last 2 games.

Let's see...if he could keep that up over a 162 game schedule that would be a total of 729 RBIs for the season. That would probably be good enough to keep him up with the parent club.

Seriously, I'd like to see John Jr get a lot more at bats vs righties and lefties. And not that it counts for all that much, but in addition to being a good athlete, he is not your typical inarticulate MLB dope. He's one of the few professional athletes I've heard interviewed lately who doesn't embarrass himself when he speaks.

No no no!! He obviously needs to be playing in Lehigh Valley so he can work on his "Many deficiencies".
            Last edited by Zepster; 07-16-2011, 01:03 AM.
            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
              dont listen to me, here's what Charlie Manuel says:

“When he starts hitting and creating against right-handed pitchers, that’s when he can play more and move into a starting position,” manager Charlie Manuel said. “ He is one of those guys that can be a late bloomer. He’s got the tools and he’s got everything it takes to play the game. He’s an athlete. What is holding him back is consistency against right-handed pitchers.”
              Ok I won't listen to you. You might want to start listening to me though.

Comment

Mayberry - 9rbi's in his last two games

Comment

Get Kemp. Get rid of Ibanez. Mayberry as the 4th OF. I could live with that.

Comment

I like Mayberry, but I'll include him in any trade this deadline. I do want to keep Brown, and I hope Amaro is smart enough to do so. I would prefer to keep Worley

I do want Beltran, I'll take my chances he wont choke this Sept./post season. I'll also take Carlos Quentin. I do not want Hunter Pence, unless its an Ed Wade special.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
                      I like Mayberry, but I'll include him in any trade this deadline. I do want to keep Brown, and I hope Amaro is smart enough to do so. I would prefer to keep Worley

I do want Beltran, I'll take my chances he wont choke this Sept./post season. I'll also take Carlos Quentin. I do not want Hunter Pence, unless its an Ed Wade special.
                      Not that familiar with Pence, but from what I've seen he can hit with some real pop and plays a good RF with a strong arm and has decent speed. What's not to like unless it would be the price tag?

Comment

That Mayberry fella really should be helping out the Iron Pigs right now and working on all those "deficiencies" he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                          That Mayberry fella really should be helping out the Iron Pigs right now and working on all those "deficiencies" he has.
                          What an AB! That was special! The kid just would not give in.

Fuck the Rockies and Fuck Huston Street!

Comment

Mayberry has no game. Sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                              Mayberry has no game. Sarcasm.
                              He continues to display his "deficiencies" every time he gets to play. Funny how no one that was a debbie downer has posted on here for a while. Hmmm.

Comment

Zepster - he is certainly elevating his game which you said would happen with more PT. I can't argue that fact right now. I hope it continues and I hope that he proves most historical trends wrong. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X