Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God Peters came back

Big V is a turnstyle two PS games in a row. He looks awful

I’ll put more credence in how he played last season when it actually mattered. Rather than 2 fake game performances.

Comment

Didn't see the game but I also will wait to see what happens when he is called upon to get in a game. He did pretty well last year.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Big V looked bad last night no doubt. I will reserve judgment on Peters until I see him back on the field. Tough Tough injury to come back from and play at any level at his age.

BTW, one thing I noticed last night with BIG V was they gave him absolutely no help. That is something they did during his playing time last year. Just keep that in mind that a Vanilla offense usually means a ton of one on one plays.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          Big V looked bad last night no doubt. I will reserve judgment on Peters until I see him back on the field. Tough Tough injury to come back from and play at any level at his age.

BTW, one thing I noticed last night with BIG V was they gave him absolutely no help. That is something they did during his playing time last year. Just keep that in mind that a Vanilla offense usually means a ton of one on one plays.
          I saw little of the game. What I did see the Pats were blitzing. I don’t recall a preseason where we faced blitzing that we did all that well. Again I’ll worry if it continues into the season. Vanilla game plans vs. a team that was out to prove something isn’t good. I’m just not sure what the Pats wanted to prove. To hang the hat on a preseason win is pretty hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
            I saw little of the game. What I did see the Pats were blitzing. I don’t recall a preseason where we faced blitzing that we did all that well. Again I’ll worry if it continues into the season. Vanilla game plans vs. a team that was out to prove something isn’t good. I’m just not sure what the Pats wanted to prove. To hang the hat on a preseason win is pretty hollow.
            V got beat pretty consistently one on one against the starters Ross. It wasn't pretty. He looked good in the opener though so I'm sure that he'll get things straightened out. It took him awhile last year to settle into things too. I hope that we don't even have to find out!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I could almost understand his bad play vs NE starters. But it was against backups too. It continued all night

There was a lot of blitzing that got to us up the middle. I didn’t see blitzing being Big Vs issue though. It was 1 on 1 burning all 3 quarters for him

I agree some of it could be scheme and lack of help in a PS game. But you would expect better form in year 2

I can see why we paid Peters so much to comeback. And it ain’t just for his coaching

Comment

The Patriots ran a lot of twists and they are tough to read. I saw a play where Seumalo seemed to guess wrong on one so that play was obviously going nowhere. Taft really had a problem with them but looked strong on running plays. As I mentioned in another thread Pryor really looked good, so good that I thought that he was Brooks for awhile. He really buried some people.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                X