Wentz!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz!!

Holy crap they just showed a clip of his working out with the team and he was jumping all over the place. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. He just might be ready to go in September!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Wentz in passing drills

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ce-brace-video

Comment

If they took their time, it wouldn’t bother me one bit. It takes a year regardless of what his Drs say

Comment

The one thing that OTAs and TC won't show is how he handles real hits. Supposedly one of the issues with coming back is how your head handles trusting the knee; how confident you are with it. Like most things the real game experience will be the real test
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Wentz is looking strong

OTA Roundup – Week 2
          Posted: May 29th, 2018 | Author: Tommy Lawlor | Filed under: Philadelphia Eagles | 15 Comments
          The Eagles had another practice session that was open to the media. Let’s check in and see what went on.

First up is Jeff McLane. He was impressed by Carson Wentz.

I wasn’t expecting more from Carson Wentz after his surprising involvement in last Tuesday’s practice, but there he was doing an extensive amount of on-field work at the start of the second week. The quarterback once again participated in every individual drill, but he also partook in 2-on-2 passing drills. I used this line last week, but it applies again: If it weren’t for the brace Wentz was wearing, it would be difficult to discern that he was five months removed from reconstructive knee surgery. He ran through the same motions as his counterparts. He jogged without a hitch. He had velocity on his throws, and dare I say, the balls appeared to be moving at a faster pace than last year. And he was accurate, even when throwing against defenders. After the first set of individual drills, Wentz worked alone on a side field under the eyes of a trainer or two. He ran 20-yard sprints while pulling a weight that was leashed to his waist. When the first set of team drills ended, he rejoined the quarterbacks for more throwing drills. It was then back to another empty field for a series of solo sprints. And when Wentz finished those, he watched the rest of 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills from behind the offense.

It is hard not to be really encouraged with Wentz right now. He’s doing this in a safe setting, but he’s moving around confidently and he looks natural. Some guys coming off ACLs look stiff and awkward. They are scared to bend the knee and make quick movements. Wentz is beyond that.

The big test for him will be dealing with contact. He has to prove he can take hits to the leg and not let it bother him. A QB can’t be worrying about his lower leg while also looking for pass rushers and reading the defensive coverage.

Comment

No need to rush this. We got a super bowl mvp on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
              No need to rush this. We got a super bowl mvp on the roster.
              I think that we all agree on that SF. I'm just amazed that he's come so far in this short of time. I don't care if he even plays this year when you come down to it. I'm kind of thinking after our bye week.

Comment

I think he will be back. Don't think he will be 100% when he returns but he will be back. If they wait until after the bye week I think you will be hearing chirping from every corner
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Everyone is different. There's a lot of factors involved. It's very encouraging to see him moving like he is. Putting him back on the field is a very important decision, and it's one that they have to get right. I don't care if it's week 1, or after the bye, just get it right. Do NOT make the same mistake the Redskins did with RGIII. They sent him out there, and he was clearly not ready week 1. I have a feeling that Wentz is going to be on the field opening day, and he's going to play lights out, and people are going to be talking about how he came so far so fast.

Comment

Wentz can play from the pocket and read a D. RGIII not so much. As for week one, damn if I know. There is probably not one of us who thought we’d be seeing Wentz this far along at this point.

Comment

I'll care about mid August-- not now. Although it is better than more bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        I'll care about mid August-- not now. Although it is better than more bad news.
                        Mid August isn't very far off at our age!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X