Let’s do it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s do it again

I have spent the last 6 months in a different state of mind than I had ever felt specific to our Birds. We finally did it. It was euphoric and it did allow me to relax in the off-season. I wasn’t constantly reminded of the fact that we were not Super Bowl winners so I did not focus so much on the draft and free agency.

Football season is here now though guys. And here come the haters and doubters telling us it was a fluke and we were lucky. Meanwhile the best fans in football nearly filled the stadium for a practice and took over Canton.

We won the Super Bowl last year with a very good backup QB but NOT our young stud. We have a HOF level LT that is hungry to solidify his place in history. We have a 35 year old RB whom the entire league is doubting. And we have a MLB wanting a contract and wanting to prove he can stay healthy.

WE ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT.

And I’m now still as hungry as I was. Funny how that came back.

Nobody likes us and we don’t care. Fly Eagles Fly
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

I'm enjoying the complacency. The lack of urgency. The calm, relaxed feeling of not worrying so much, because the time is short.

Of course I want to win it again, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it feels a bit different, and I like it that way. I'm sure things will intensify the moment the bullets start flying.

But, I'm going to continue in this zen like state until kickoff against the Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
      I'm enjoying the complacency. The lack of urgency. The calm, relaxed feeling of not worrying so much, because the time is short.

Of course I want to win it again, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it feels a bit different, and I like it that way. I'm sure things will intensify the moment the bullets start flying.

But, I'm going to continue in this zen like state until kickoff against the Falcons.
      I am the same. This season is going to be FUN, without the lifelong pressure of having to win a SB. I would love to dominate the NFC East for at least the next few seasons and add another SB. But, the games should be less stressful and I can probably watch them now without leaving to smoke a cigarette in the last minute (I don't normally smoke).

I still get giddy every time I see the media say "Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles".

Comment

I understand your feelings guys and we aren't jokes anymore. That will all change as soon as we lose a game which could very much be the first game that we play against an excellent team that we beat by the skin of our teeth in January. Atlanta is a hungry bunch after two heartbreaking exits in the last 2 playoffs. We'll be playing against one hell of a QB too.

As soon as that loss comes it will start again. We went wire to wire last year and that's just not going to happen this year.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

As long as shitbags like Kamara keep saying stupid shit, this team will be hungry

Comment

I'm not worried at all about the players. Anyone that thinks this team is going to get complacent is in for a rude awakening. Last year was not a fluke, at all, whatsoever, and I really don't care what the fans of other teams say. That was a very good football team that deserved to win it all. And, on paper, this year's team is as good, if not better. They're going to be a very tough out.

Comment

I have such a calm feeling this year! No anxiety about getting that SB win! So I am looking at this year as the honeymoon period! But damn I think they can win again! They have way too many guys that didn't get to play in that game that are hungry (Peters, Hicks Wentz) and guys who want to show they still have it (Sproles) and even guys like Bennett with a serious chip on their shoulder. They could be even more dominant this year ! man I cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                I have such a calm feeling this year! No anxiety about getting that SB win! So I am looking at this year as the honeymoon period! But damn I think they can win again! They have way too many guys that didn't get to play in that game that are hungry (Peters, Hicks Wentz) and guys who want to show they still have it (Sproles) and even guys like Bennett with a serious chip on their shoulder. They could be even more dominant this year ! man I cant wait!
                I agree. This team should be even better and I think they would cruise in the AFC. However, the NFC is just stacked this year. Winning 11 games is going to be a tough task with the schedule.

Comment

It's been such a blissful summer that I'm just fine waiting until the regular season for me to get nervous again.

Not sure another Super Bowl win will feel quite as incredibly good as this one has, but I'm willing to find out.

Comment

I’m content. I would love to win it again but I’m not going to go crazy when we lose a game. Such a weird feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      I’m content. I would love to win it again but I’m not going to go crazy when we lose a game. Such a weird feeling.
                      Exactly how I feel

Usually I’m anxious about the preseason and contracts and fear of injuries. This year, nothing bothers me- until Kamara opened his mouth.

Comment

I believe the Birds have a good chance to win it again this year. But I won't cry if they/we don't. I asked for "just one before long dirt nap" and they went and got it. They busted the cherry so now they're playing with house money and I think they'll be out to prove something.

I'm really indifferent to the crap from the the mouth breathers and knuckle draggers from our 3 division rivals, Minnesota and N. E. That's where 95% of the sniping comes from. In fact I enjoy their pathetic bitching.

My unstudied impression is that at least half the the fans of ALL the other teams give the Birds credit for a well deserved win after overcoming substantial hurdles.

As for the "haters", especially from the Skins, Gnats, and Turds....Fuck em!

Comment

I'm just not built that way. I have had a great summer enjoying the Lombardi but I want 19-0 every year. I want every game. I certainly know that won't happen but my ire will be raised every time I see a mistake. It is just me.
                          I also know full well there are 31 teams out there wanting to kick the birds right in the ass. They may be good, they may be great, they may suck. Doesn't matter because they are all professional football players. If you aren't on your game and the coaches aren't on theirs the other team will spank you.
                          I want a ten year dynasty from the Birds, the Sixers, the Phils, and the Flyers. And any other off the wall Philly team like soccer or lacross. I'm just a sicko
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Me too no dak

I’m still not satisfied. They still hate us and doubt us.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                              I believe the Birds have a good chance to win it again this year. But I won't cry if they/we don't. I asked for "just one before long dirt nap" and they went and got it.
                              Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                              They busted the cherry so now they're playing with house money and I think they'll be out to prove something.

I'm really indifferent to the crap from the the mouth breathers and knuckle draggers from our 3 division rivals, Minnesota and N. E. That's where 95% of the sniping comes from. In fact I enjoy their pathetic bitching.

My unstudied impression is that at least half the the fans of ALL the other teams give the Birds credit for a well deserved win after overcoming substantial hurdles.

As for the "haters", especially from the Skins, Gnats, and Turds....Fuck em!
                              While I agree with you about FINALLY winning one I think that they owe me at least 4 more when they coulda/shoulda one them and drove me nuts for 57 years! I'm over the SB win now and want more.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X