Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Something I believe we can all celebrate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Something I believe we can all celebrate...

The rescue of those 12 boys and their soccer coach in Thailand.

With all the crap going on in the world today it's uplifting to witness the fortitude of those boys and the bravery, ingenuity and tireless effort of that international group of 'heroes' that gathered with the sole focus of saving those 13 young people.

The kind of genuine hero who, at significant personal risk, gives so willingly of themselves probably needs no greater thanks than knowing they saved the lives of 13 strangers. That said, I'd like to see the Thai government gather as many of those rescuers as possible together with the boys they saved in a gesture of thanks and appreciation.

Special gratitude to the physician and 3 others who stayed with the boys in the cave the entire time since they were discovered over a week ago.

And finally, to the Thai Seal who lost his life helping to set up the treacherous means of escape. May his family find some solace in knowing that his bravery and sacrifice helped to save the lives of 13 young people who's lives now lay before them because of that sacrifice.

"Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 (I'm not much of a Bible "quoter" but there are several verses I find timeless and and so true.)

Well said.

Comment

The thing that amazes me the most about that whole deal was how the hell they found them? They said some of the holes that they went through they could barely get through with scuba equipment. I wonder what made those kids go through there to begin with. It's all such an incredible story with a great ending except for that poor seal who lost his life.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Well said. Certainly we only know what is given to us so maybe there were hiccups we don't know about but from everything I saw and read that was an outstanding rescue effort. A high risk rescue that was very well done.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

That rescue effort was amazing and has really captivated the world. I am really happy for all of the kids and their families. The rescuers will carry this victory with them for the rest of their lives! And I share tino’s hopes that the family of the man who died see this rescue as his victory as well. His sacrifice helped make this rescue possible.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
          X