Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PE.com: It's Official-Roseman Is The GM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW- i think people understand that there needs to be a business guy in any venture. If football guys can make it in business, then business guys can make it in football. The problem most people have with Howie is that he seems to be Joe Banner Jr. And everyone hates Joe Banner.

And by everyone, I mean me.

Comment

Banner is a slime ball, but he's our slime ball.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        AW- i think people understand that there needs to be a business guy in any venture. If football guys can make it in business, then business guys can make it in football. The problem most people have with Howie is that he seems to be Joe Banner Jr. And everyone hates Joe Banner.

And by everyone, I mean me.
        Seems to be is hardly a basis for making judgements IMV...its unfair and short sighted. Let the guy have more than one week on the job before we kill him...

As for Banner, this organization has nowhere near the success its had without Banner...the guy is brilliant at what he does
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Here, here!! VFK
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Didn't I read somewhere where he had a lot of input on the 2 most recent drafts?

To lazy to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
              Seems to be is hardly a basis for making judgements IMV...its unfair and short sighted. Let the guy have more than one week on the job before we kill him...

As for Banner, this organization has nowhere near the success its had without Banner...the guy is brilliant at what he does

Banner is a very good cap manager. The problem is that it's not such a special skill anymore. Everybody is pretty good at managing the cap.

So Banner has to find another area to apply his wonderful value-added skill set. Ergo, he's a personnel guy now too. Hence the installation of his acolyte, Howie from Brooklyn.
              Last edited by Leonard Tose; 01-30-2010, 06:00 PM.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

You can worship Joe Banner if you want. I reserve my right to hate that arrogant weasel. (Listen to his interviews sometime.)

Comment

My opinion of Banner is well known, no need to rehash.

However, respoding to the claim that we need a businessman in the operation....supposedly that is what Banner is. Why do we need another one? Claims are being made here that Roseman doesn't have to be a football guy, but if he's not, then why the F do we need him?
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    My opinion of Banner is well known, no need to rehash.

However, respoding to the claim that we need a businessman in the operation....supposedly that is what Banner is. Why do we need another one? Claims are being made here that Roseman doesn't have to be a football guy, but if he's not, then why the F do we need him?
                    Matt Millen was a football guy.

The point is people are jumping to conclusions, once again. Maybe he'll turn out to be a great talent evaluator..... nobody knows.

People are saying that he doesn't have to be a football guy to be a good GM.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      You can worship Joe Banner if you want. I reserve my right to hate that arrogant weasel. (Listen to his interviews sometime.)
                      I disagree, I didn't read anyone saying they "worship" Banner, just a guy saying he has done a good job, and he has. You reserve your right to hate him fine, just as others have the same right to appreciate what he has done.

I also think he is a terrible spokesmen and a not a very good person to have out in the public -- but that doesn't diminish, IMO, giving him his due for the job he has done. You want to judge him on personality it seems, I prefer to judge him on the duties he performs.

Comment

Comment

I have no idea what the Eagles' GM duties are, nor Roseman's qualifications for such. But it seems to me that a smart guy, working in a real NFL front office for six or seven years, might be able to learn a thing or two about football.

I fully understand where the 'Banner's lackey' concerns are coming from. But Roseman has already been a part of the personnel side for some time.

Comment

Working...
                          X