No announcement yet.

(OT) The Olympics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done some curling here when the softball days were over. Much like bowling you exert great effort and strength for a short time and then sit discuss meaningless things with the boys while quenching thirst. Then you do it again.
    How some can say you are not an athlete I'll never know!
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I was just going to say that curling is soo much like bowling it almost hurts. It's kind of like the gay cousin of the winter olympics. Everybody knows it is there but nobody wants to talk about it and they put it on like CNBC 4 in the middle of the day kind of like putting said gay cousin at the card table in the other room during thanksgiving.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I want to go on record and say I turned to CNBC (355 on Directv) this weekend and they had WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY.

I now officially have seen something worse than WOMEN'S BASKETBALL. Good gracious - affirmative action has gone way too far.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
          I want to go on record and say I turned to CNBC (355 on Directv) this weekend and they had WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY.

I now officially have seen something worse than WOMEN'S BASKETBALL.
          There is something else even more boring than watching a WNBA game. That would be watching 2 WNBA games.

If the Nazi's had employed tapes of women's basketball as a torture technique during WWII, no Allied secret would have been safe.

Comment

lol. I would cave about 13 seconds into a WNBA game.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              There is something else even more boring than watching a WNBA game. That would be watching 2 WNBA games.

If the Nazi's had employed tapes of women's basketball as a torture technique during WWII, no Allied secret would have been safe.
              What, they didn't have horse racing back in WWII?

ba-dum-dump!

Comment

Mens hockey is the only thing I am looking forward to - I just hope to have the proper NBC channel as the only thing on the network channel is ice dancing.

I might watch speed skating just to see if Colbert does something stupid

and if i miss watching the Flyers, I might turn on some womens hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  I might have to join my local curling club.

Where in Canada are you, rspurr?
                  Saskatoon, Sask.

Home of Joni Mitchell, Gordie Howe, Mike Babcock (coach of Team Canada and the Red Wings), Farley Mowatt (author).

Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

lol. I would cave about 13 seconds into a WNBA game.
                    It's funny, I remember a number of years back when the WNBA players thought about going on strike. I mean, the WNBA was losing money, and the last time I heard pro sports are an entertainment business, and they're thinking about going on strike?
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                      Saskatoon, Sask.

Home of Joni Mitchell, Gordie Howe, Mike Babcock (coach of Team Canada and the Red Wings), Farley Mowatt (author).

Looks beautiful in the summer!

Comment

Damn rspurr! Hey if you look out your window can you see NoDak's house? I don't know how you guys live up there. I've had enough snow already and our "record" is probably half of your normal total!! Better you than me brother!!
                        Last edited by Jukin; 02-16-2010, 10:40 AM.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I wouldn't mind living in snow country if I had a snowmobile. Half the problem with snow here is that the morons who can't drive once in snows.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                            Damn rspurr! Hey if you look out your window can you see NoDak's house? I don't know how you guys live up there. I've had enough snow already and our "record" is probably half of your normal total!! Better you than me brother!!
                            Actually we don't get that much snow, it just doesn't go anywhere. Any snow that falls after Halloween is pretty much on the ground until March. It is a country of extremes as in the summer we can get temperatures in the 80s or 90s. This September we had more than 10 days of 80 degree weather with a high of 98 on September 25. One week later it was below freezing and -15 with the wind chill.
                            Last edited by rspurr; 02-16-2010, 12:11 PM.
                            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I now officially have seen something worse than WOMEN'S BASKETBALL. Good gracious - affirmative action has gone way too far.
                              It gets even better when you hear one of the announcers say "Wow, she's really having a big period out there"...and you start looking for red spots on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by fearthedawk View Post
                                it gets even better when you hear one of the announcers say "wow, she's really having a big period out there"...and you start looking for red spots on the ice.

boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X