Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strahan on the old "is it worth the money" issue

http://blog.sportscolumn.com/story/2007 ... 2045/9163/

Strahan is a fucking idiot. If he really felt that way he would have quit after the first week in the league. Now he's looking for attention and for people o feel sorry for him for what he's been through. I know a lot of NFL players struggle with normal activities after they retire. Hell I used to hate Dan Dierdorf until I met him on a flight to Vegas and saw him try to "walk". The guy can barely move - I mean that literally -- he can barely move his legs when he walks. So I'm not unsympathetic but this is clearly a case of someone who doesn't deserve it who's trying to get some sympathy. Screw him and his self serving ego.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

" You want to be an NFL star? You want to stand in my shoes? Let's say one day I came to you and offered you a million dollars to let me take a huge hunting knife and wear down the blade until it was rusty and really dull. Then, when it's really dull and nasty, I would stick it into a pit of burning coals until the blade was white-hot. Finally, I would pull that sucker out of the flames and stab you over and over and over again. Take that blade and stab you in the ankles, your feet and your wrists. Not just stick it in but turn that rusty old knife and twist it when it's sunk deep into your knees or shoulders.

That is the reality of my NFL. Every single year I have somebody sink this awful, dreadful blade into a few parts of my body. "

He has always been an attention whore with a flair for dramatic hyperbole, but you have to wonder if there isn't a little obsessive man-love leaking into Mike's thinking here:

"Not just stick it in but turn that rusty old knife and twist it when it's sunk deep" NTTATWWT

Does anyone know if Mike is in one of those all male cigar smoking clubs... or is he more a BIG knife collector?

Comment

well, the fact is that NFL football shortens the lifespan of many players and erodes their quality of life after football.

i would never let any of my three boys play football. it is a nasty, brutal game. that's why i never get too angry at NFL players angling for more money. it just ain't worth it in the end.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
        X