No announcement yet.

New Fall '06 TV Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon Lost is the 20th century version of Gilligans Island.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Actually to be fair, I'm glad TV is finally pulling itself out of Reality TV hell, but it seems as though most of the best writers either committed suicide during the reality craze or went to do movies or commercials.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Speaking of reality TV, there's a show on MTV called Two-A-Days, which follows the football season of the Hoover HS team in Alabama. Focuses in on a handful of players and their lives. If you remember last year when ESPN showed a high-school football game on a Saturday afternoon, w/ a team from Florida w/ the top-rated HS QB. Hoover was the team they played. And lost to. That QB is now a Florida gator backing up Chris Leak.

Anyway, it's a fun little diversion of a show, and really shows you what high-level HS football is like.

Comment

The characters on Studio 60 are really starting to just annoy me. Other than the Bradley Whitford and Steven Weber characters, I think I hate them all.

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
            The characters on Studio 60 are really starting to just annoy me. Other than the Bradley Whitford and Steven Weber characters, I think I hate them all.
            PMD, i watched the pilot, and had the 2nd episode on my DVR, and still haven't watched it. I think i have no interest. I mean, i like intelligent TV, so i feel like i should give it more of a chance, but man, i think the whole thing bores me.

Comment

My interest in Studio 60 was waning a little after the first couple episodes, but I gave it a chance again last night after the Birds game and I really liked the third episode. They stopped talking about how funny they are and actually started being funnier. I think I'll stick with that one. Haven't seen anything else yet in the new season that really grabs me, though.
              The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

I caught the pilot for Friday Night Lights last night and thought it was outstanding. The only flaw was the improbable fairy-tale-like comeback by the Panthers in the game. But i like the character development so far, the football action looks pretty realistic, and there are a few hot chicks to boot.

I have my doubts about whether this show will get enough ratings to keep it afloat, i don't see where the audience would come from. But i'll keep my fingers crossed that it stays on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy like the monkey
                  My interest in Studio 60 was waning a little after the first couple episodes, but I gave it a chance again last night after the Birds game and I really liked the third episode. They stopped talking about how funny they are and actually started being funnier. I think I'll stick with that one. Haven't seen anything else yet in the new season that really grabs me, though.
                  CLTM - agreed. I liked the pilot, the 2nd episode made me take it or leave it but this last episode was strong IMO. I'll be back for it next week. Also - I can take Amanda Peet - my wife thinks she a fish out of water on the show.

Comment

"LOST" premiere tonight - we'll see where they take this thing.

Comment

They said tonight's episode of Lost will BLOW YOUR MIND.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                        When don't they say that?!

Since the hatch was blown up to end last season - I'm sure that's just the "pun" type of teaser.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                          Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                          When don't they say that?!

Since the hatch was blown up to end last season - I'm sure that's just the "pun" type of teaser.
                          It will make you feel like Wendy the Retard. You'll feel like blowin' your mind up! :P

Comment

I have a love/hate relationship with Lost. Every week I get irritated by dropped plot lines and random bullshit from the writers, and yet I keep tuning in.
                            The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Well - here's what the TV Guide dude said (taken from a post on philliesphans.com)

From Michael Ausiello at TV Guide after watching the season premiere. No real spoilers here.

Quote:
                              I just finished watching the most anticipated 43 minutes of the TV season (aka Wednesday's Lost premiere) and I'm virtually speechless. From the fraktastic opening sequence to the chilling final moments, the four-star episode (penned by Damon Lindelof and J.J. Abrams) had me teetering on the edge of my swivel chair the entire time. It easily ranks as one of the best Lost eps — possibly the best — since the pilot. An amazing feat since it only features four series regulars!

Comment

LOST was pretty cool. That show can be rather dark and demented at times. The total mind screw they are pulling on these people is what has me intrigued. But at the end of the episode, you are left still wondering....WTF????

As for Friday Night Lights, I enjoyed it. The acting was rather questionable. This kid Riggins just doesn't fit the role that I think they have set up for him. Pretty boy who can't act playing some kind of tough guy. Might as well of gotten Rob Lowe for that one, LOL! And the comeback in teh game was predictable, an undramatic. But the show has potential, I like the way it is filmed....we'll just see where this goes. I'll definitely watch again.
                                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                                X