Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc

Well - I guess I'm in the minority. I like it.
      So do I.

Comment

I like it better than the black, but that's not saying much. Stoopid marketing ploys...
        The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Some video is up on the Eagles site showing Kearse and Akers in the uniforms with the helmets. The color scheme? It models after the colors of Philadelphia. The Eagles supposedly wore this in the 30's. The city flag has these colors patterned after the Swedish flag (per Mr. Lurie).

Comment

Originally posted by crazy like the monkey
            I like it better than the black, but that's not saying much. Stoopid marketing ploys...
            I hate the black jersey, and don't like obvious marketing ploys either.

That said, I don't mind the throwback jerseys to commemorate an historic year. Jeff just better not expect me to buy one of those.
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I like the new virtual museum a lot. I think I'll be spending quite a bit of time in there.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I'd tried to buy a jersey and hat, but they are on backorder. Ordered them anyway...will get the jersey in September...#36!

Comment

LG - I heard the merchandise wouldn't be available until September so while they call it a "back order" - it's really a "pre-order".

Comment

If ya read up on Philadelphia history and the role of the Swedes here, of Old Swedes Church, in Swedesboro NJ and in Wilmington at the Old Swedes Log Cabin you will see the frame of reference for the yellow and blue in Philly's history. That was at the bottom of the original Yellowjackets uniform colors too. You see in those days people valued, cherished their history. That Frankford team had its origins back in 1899 and was supplanted by the bigtime Philly teams of the, I kid you not, A's and Phillies in 1902 when they and Pittsburgh founded THE FIRST National Football League. The Frankford team was known as Loyola AC until about 1912 and incorporated in 1912. By 1920 the Yellowjackets were a competitive force and from 24 till 26 when they won PHILLY'S FIRST NFL championship they were one tough outfit. FYI, in those early 1900's there were rules like 5yds for a 1st down, 3 downs to make it and a 110 yard length to each field. The Yellowjackets were Philly's pride and joy (and of course Franfords) as they played before up to 35,00 people at old Shibe Park some 80 years ago. So you see youngsters, there is a history here which holds some civic and sporting pride that is the basis for the Eagles choice of the yellow and Blue thowback uniforms. I for one, flat out love it. Its about time we recognize who we are and where we came from.

PS: FYI the colors of Cyan (Acqua Blue) and Yellow have another impact on our Eagles. As per Answers.com.....
                    "Kelly green, also known as grass green or pigment green, is the color green that is achieved by mixing pigment cyan and pigment yellow in equal proportions."

Check out the official Philadelphia Flag below
                    http://www.fotw.net/flags/us-pa-ph.html

Comment

Wow, just wow, that's damn ugly.

I actually like the black jerseys, the only real downfalls is the popularity of black among other teams. Personally I think y'all don't like em cuz your racist.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

FD - great synopsis. Thanks for the info. The kelly green reference is great!

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg

I actually like the black jerseys, the only real downfalls is the popularity of black among other teams. Personally I think y'all don't like em cuz your racist.
                          Its a shame the people almost 300 and 100 years ago (building the city and the club) didn't correctly predict the 2007 colors that would be the current fad. NOT! Unlike Zepster's complaint on the other thread, I find it an ugly, total insanity to do an Eagles uniform in either the Raiders Black or even our beloved Kelly Green when trying to honor our history. The black is just a rip off marketing schtick. The hallowed, Kelly green was chosen as a composite of the original Eagles colors. Still, there is honor in supporting our history for a day or two. Really! I get the feeling that we vets who wore differnt uniforms in our day are probably equally disgusting to some of today's "with it" fans. Boo, Hiss!

Comment

FD, thanks for the lesson and it is interesting, and I do appreciate the history----------- but those are still flat out ugly uni's!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman

Its a shame the people almost 300 and 100 years ago (building the city and the club) didn't correctly predict the 2007 colors that would be the current fad. NOT! Unlike Zepster's complaint on the other thread, I find it an ugly, total insanity to do an Eagles uniform in either the Raiders Black or even our beloved Kelly Green when trying to honor our history. The black is just a rip off marketing schtick. The hallowed, Kelly green was chosen as a composite of the original Eagles colors. Still, there is honor in supporting our history for a day or two. Really! I get the feeling that we vets who wore differnt uniforms in our day are probably equally disgusting to some of today's "with it" fans. Boo, Hiss!
                              I understand what your saying about the history and I respect that. However, I would never buy these jerseys because I think they are ugly looking.

And yes, the black jerseys are a marketing ploy, but there is a reason the "ploy" works. Certain colors just offer a natural aesthetic to the human eye.
                              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman

I understand what your saying about the history and I respect that. However, I would never buy these jerseys because I think they are ugly looking.

And yes, the black jerseys are a marketing ploy, but there is a reason the "ploy" works. Certain colors just offer a natural aesthetic to the human eye.
                                I share you preference for black, hell I wear it by choice in retirement at parties, at the gym and for years performing on stages in Europe with a whip and my ex. Its just that black is not what I associate with my Eagles, maybe a black SB Sunday or two but that's it. And no the Blue and Yellow are not great colors per se IMO either. They are however hallowed colors in our history and that's why I for one would buy such a throw-back uni.

Comment

Working...
                                X