Kearse close to 100% now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kearse close to 100% now

Please try to look past the adulation from the author. The content is important. The writer must be part of FRESH's secret cigar society (NTTAWWT! ) :

From pe.com:

"First, Kearse. He is fine, thank you, after playing in only two games last year and then suffering a knee injury. Kearse said he plans to be on the field for the post-draft mini-camp and that he is already close to 100 percent.

The guy looks incredibly fit, with every muscle bursting out of the Anniversary uniform. Asked about the possibility that he could lose some speed off the edge because of the injury, Kearse chuckled.

"That ain't gonna happen," he said. "The speed is there. I feel great. I'm out there every day with Wolfie (Mike Wolf, the team's strength and conditioning coach) and I feel great. Don't worry about the speed. It will be there."

"The guy looks incredibly fit, with every muscle bursting out of the Anniversary uniform."

I know I was asked to look past this, but, umm, creepy.

Comment

Let me guess...Kearse feels he is in the best shape of his career, right?
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

But he's down to 235 lbs??? Ugh............

“The reason I lost the weight is because I’ve been working overtime getting back in shape. I’ve been doing too much cardio and conditioning,” Kearse said. “I will have at least 20 more pound of muscle by the time we start training camp.”

Safety Sean Considine, who also hopes to add muscle by training camp, thought Kearse was preparing to try out for a new position.

“He was like, ‘Man, you might be able to play some safety,’” Kearse said. “[I said], ‘I’ll let you have that.’ I want to get to the quarterback. I’m a quarterback eater, and I’m hungry. I need to eat.”
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
          But he's down to 235 lbs??? Ugh............
          Wow, 235? Let's move him to SAM!

Kearse, Trot, Spikes....

Comment

Actually Kearse has the ability to excell as a rush LB in a 3-4 system...
            "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

I heard him say he wanted to add another 20-25 pounds of muscle before camp opens. Camp opens July 27 - almost exactly 3 months from now. How is he going to add 20 pounds of muscle in 90 days and not over tax his body or end up on the NFL's "bad boy" list? That seems like an aweful lot of weight in a short period of time. Maybe some of you guys who are actully in shape can comment on this topic better than a guy hoping to lose 20 pounds in 90 days!!!
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

My guess is that Kearse's body fat % is ridiculously low (say in the 2-3% range). I'm sure with a good carb diet and weight training that he can "bulk up". It might not all be muscle but he'll be able to pack onto that frame pretty quick.

Comment

Man, he'd better. Even at 255, he's gonna get pushed around. He's never bean a real heavy guy, and has relied on his long arms and speed to beat his man, so he had better have all his speed back. Can't rely on out-muscling anyone.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Yeah, Jukin, we kind of beat this one to death over Considine's having added 20 lbs to get back up to his normal weight around 215. That's the key here too. Kearse has had that weight and muscle mass before and for a trained athlete it is not that hard to quickly put it back on again. I've been there and done it myself several times when needed. Carb loading, reducing the aerobics, shifting to more high weight, low rep lifting and heavy supplementation with some good Creatine and other natural supps and yeah it can certainly be done. On the other hand when you are fit and have maxed out your strength with the above system it is difficult to put on 20 lbs of muscle in a year without using pharmacological assistance. I set a PR this week on Seated Triceps Pressdowns with 5 reps at 540 lbs ie with 12 X 45 lb plates on the Hammer Strength machine. I am at my competitive best already and adding 5 lbs in a month now would be extremely difficult because I can't go any heavier in my lifting, I can't eat any better etc etc. For Kearse, it is definitely doable.

Comment

Relax folks. The guy had a significant knee injury. I'd venture to say that weighting down during rehab was probably a smart move, because it puts less stress on the knee.

I question 20 pounds of muscle in 3 months naturally, but he can certainly gain 20 pounds or more in that time, it's just not all going to be muscle. If his body fat is around 4 percent, it's not going to hurt him in the slightest to go up a bit before camp.

$hit, no wonder he's happy. He's healthy and he gets to EAT for a couple of months.

Comment

Yeah but.....

His playing weight is supposedly 265. He's going to get to about 10 lbs shy of that by the START of the season. Thru the course of the year these guys drop. He'll be facing guys with 50lbs on him. We had better PRAY we have a healthy rotation all season or his ass is gonna wear down BIG TIME.

Comment

Working...
                        X